PDA

View Full Version : 502 problem/mystery solved

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Been on the ship all week, dealer called today,
I had bad voltages on 2 injectors and a third was questionable, they run in fours.
Being the first run after my Merc Warranty expired (Nov), Merc agreed to pick up the bill along with 4 new injectors :) , and I pay the $98 diagonsis fee.
I should have the boat back late next week when I return from sea.
Bryan

PS...
USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN 76) sails Monday for the very first time.
Taxpayers should be proud, another weapon in our arena. 4.5 acres of kick ass!

Ed Donnelly
05-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Great news!!!! Ed

olemissalum
05-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Glad to hear you will be back in action!!!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-02-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks, we are so relieved. They are not sure what caused this to happen!
They will water test before I pick her up to be darn sure.
Thanks to all that commented on my issue with thoughts and advice, it has been a long 3 weeks wondering.
This is a great board for knowledge. Those who predicted fuel issues were right on the money.
Bryan

HP 600SC
05-02-2003, 07:27 PM
As a "Plank Owner" of the USS Ronald Reagan,
I am very proud!! Thank's "B"

Sam
05-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Yee.... Hahh, fill her up and put the hammer down.

Sam :D :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Ted you are certainly a Plank Owner of CVN 76, your name will go down in RR history for sure.
It would be neat to see you and the family in Va for the commissioning July 12th..
I too will attend as a guest, I leave the ship mid June heading for a desk. wink
(more time to boat)
OleMis I will let you know how the new prop runs soon.
Darrell, I will try to call you tomorrow.
Bryan

Cuda
05-02-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm glad to hear you got it fixed. You have shown a lot of patience with the problem and should be commended for it. Hope it runs like a skeerd haint when you get it out! :D

Rootsy
05-02-2003, 08:04 PM
GOOD DEAL bryan!

and ahem, SAM!, speaking of hammer down... you running that thing this weekend? i am gonna splash if i can get the boat out of the barn...

Shanghied Again
05-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Bryan. Glad to hear you solved the problem of your motor, Can't wait until you test her to see how she does :D

tailwind
05-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Hi Bryan:

Ever get around to the new Virginia history living museum?

Check out our "Dome" when able!

Best regards:
Randy

ClassicRazorback
05-03-2003, 07:30 AM
Great News!!

MOP
05-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Boy this was a nail biter, sure glad it came out alright and just in time for for you to get some good boating in.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks M.O.P.
Just returned from "visitation" with the boat, the mechanic explained the whole deal to me.
When the loss of power condition was present, that two injectors had bad voltage, 1 was boarderline, he explained to me how Multi-Port fuel injection works, unlike sequential or carbed, two inners on one side and two outers on the other etc. He was glad we caught the problem, the 2 bad injectors was causing a lean condition.

We sure hope to put all this behind us.

I told them I would come back for the 100 maitenance soon, I just want to boat a weekend and they can check the drive alignment during the week days! I got a 30 minute lecture on it's importance to the shaft, coupler, and just how they align in, up/down - left/right etc. Way beyond my knowledge scope for sure...
Bryan

McGary911
05-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Bryan,
Great news! I cant imagine how aggravating it would be for this to happen with your almost new boat. Especially when you take such good care of it. Glad it's behind you. Now time to get the boat wet, and remember why you put up with all the problems. Theyll soon be forgotten for sure. Have a great summer in your boat!

Reckless288
05-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Bryan good to hear the stress is over (well almost) and things are lining up. Turns out you haven't missed much with the weather being kooky these past few weekends.

I am a little distressed you didn't swing by the house after the mech visit since you're were only around the corner. Donziman2 was over for coffee and conversation at that time and you're boat situation was acutally on the table for discussion....

MOP
05-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the run down on what was happening, I know little to nothing about gas injection. My delve into injection was back in 58 I had Scott injectors on a Ford 390. By todays standards they were pretty crude.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-05-2003, 03:27 AM
Sorry about that RECKLESS, but it was my one day to have with the family, they were along.
Maybe next time.
See ya soon. (email is on ship this week, underway this morning)
Bryan