PDA

View Full Version : holding tank

daboys
05-02-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm embarassed to ask but....

Can anyone provide insight as to how to empty the holding tank on my 2001 ZXO - I have not been able to locate the drain cap for pumping out the tank. It has a five gallon capacity so I need to figure out soon. Tanks :confused:

Digger
05-02-2003, 10:22 AM
should be two methods.
1. look for ignition type key somewhere in your head, it will activate the overboard pump if installed. Ensure overboard discharge valve is open (accessible from engine compt).
2. look for "waste" cap, looks just like fuel cap, under the backseat, or under an access panel in the cockpit, or maybe even on the topsides aft below the gunwale...remove this cap slowwwwwllly if the tank is full, if there is a methane buildup it will not be pretty. (how do I know this?) what type of head is installed? if it is vacuflush, secure power to the vacuum generator by pulling the circuit breaker, THEN flush the head. This will prevent the head from automatically building a vacuum back up, which you DON'T want when you open the pump-out access.

good luck

daboys
05-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Digger,
The holding tank is only for the sink, the boat has a port-a-potty toilet so it does not empty in to holding tank.

MOP
05-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Sinks are considered gray water and normaly go direct over board, the drain may be clogged.

Sam
05-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Sinks do not drain into the holding tank ! I'ts just like M.O.P. said it's gray water.

Sam

BRIAN73
05-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Daboys,

Would that be Saratoga Springs NY.
If so were do you run the boat?

George had a nice yellow and blue ZXO a year or so ago. Would that be the same boat. If so I'm very jelous.

Brian
Clifton Park/Lake George

Digger
05-05-2003, 06:39 AM
oops, misunderstood. yes I agree, if it's just grey water it should drain, but then why is there a holding tank? and if there is a tank there must be a way to pump it out.

daboys
05-05-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks for all the help - The sink; as many indicated, drains into the bilge.

Brian73 - yes it is Saratoga Springs, NY - I boat on Lake George, relative with a home and extra dock so its real sweet. I purchased the boat from Aqua-Mania of Alexandria Bay, NY - Great experience, would highly recomend the dealer to any interested in a quality organization. Spoke with Jeremy at Boats By George, Liked him alot but I had a deal from Aqua-mania that he couldn't touch. Not his fault, just a great deal on a left over 2001 at Aqua-mania.

Darrell
05-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Does your boat a shower hose located at the back of the boat? On my 26ZX you can empty the 12gal tank with the hose or use the sink. I had that RV pink anti-freeze in it, ran a couple of tanks of water to clear out last week.

Darrell

daboys
05-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Darrel,
Yes I have a transome shower that runs off the same tank as the sink. I am in the process of getting the RV antifreeze out o fthe holding tank myself, any suggestions - how do you know when its safe to drink.... I'm running out of kids to test the system