PDA

View Full Version : Corsa question

Lil Grizz
04-29-2003, 04:39 PM
For those of you with Corsa Quick and Quiet/Captains Call switchable exaust I have a question. The switch at the helm, is it a momentary (like the horn button) or is it a toggle (2 position like the blower switch)? I just got a complete brand new system (new boat take off) and it had everything but the switch.

The way it wires is simple: From the harness there are three wires. One positive, one negative, and one wire that runs to the dash. I understand how to wire it I just dont want to put the wrong type of switch in the line and burn out the relay. When I tested it out it seemed like it needed power down the switch wire in order to keep the solenoids charged since when I pulled the wire off they closed instantly(indicating a on/off toggle). I just want to make sure I use the right switch.

This system is electrical and uses solenoids to hold the exaust open, springs to hold it closed.

boldts
04-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Lil Griz, mine is a 2 way switch. Up, open exhaust, down, quiet closed. Never looked at the wiring or how it works, but maybe I need to do a little investigation this weekend. wink

Donzi22zx
04-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Hey, I have a toggle switch from my 22ZX , I removed my quick & quiet along time ago. please give me shipping address and I will send it to you, even though you havent been all that nice to me in the past. Thanks Bill

Lil Grizz
04-29-2003, 10:15 PM
I already have the system but thanks for the offer. I pretty much got the whole deal for the cost of the Y-pipe so I cant complain. All the rubber, the harnesses, and its never been used besides being fired up in the dealer parkinglot. The guy that took it off went nuts on the headers/engine before he even put the boat in the water and had no use for it.

Why did you remove it?

There have been so many times in the past 3 years that I wished I could mute the exaust when putting through crowded gatherings and trying to talk to someone without shutting the engine off. In a few weeks I wont have that problem. Only issue is having to pull the engine to attatch the Y-pipe so if anyone knows a different way let me know.

You could easily sell what you have for a good price.

Jerry Eisele
04-30-2003, 04:57 AM
Run the red wire to the toggle then to the acc. portion of the key [starter switch]