PDA

View Full Version : exhaust job on my 22 classic

Needforspeed
04-26-2003, 09:39 PM
hi guys i am adding thur the hull exhaust to my 1993 classic / boat came silent. OMC stock 454
i have taken care of the y pipe problem and today i drilled the holes in the transom. the tips will be 3.5 '' down form the lip on the rub rail . i am using stock classic corsa tips with flaps.
the angel that the exhaust hose drops from the riser is not a lot. as in most boat i have seen. is that all i need to do to keep the water out the tips or in the right spot fairly height on the transom as any 22 :confused: . what do you think i just am a little worried about water geting in motor. should that be a worry?

Air 22
04-27-2003, 12:35 AM
No worries my man..unless you keep youe boat transome facing the wind or waves while tied up during heavy surf..even then water is likely to come over the transom not up your pipes. If you have flapers on the tips... not much if any should backflow. Your tip height is about right same as most boats etc..you should not have any problems. Make sure you seal the exhaust cut-out holes properly..a high temp sealent etc..More experts propably will hit this topic..read closely..send pics :D

Ranman
04-27-2003, 01:35 PM
IF you are paranoid, you could use exhaust tips with internal flappers AND the external salisbury flappers for redundancy..