PDA

View Full Version : Re: SPAM

Brad Lyon
04-26-2003, 04:28 PM
For those of you who would not wish to change their email address (I'm thinking Scot V.) here is a link to a article about spam. Within the article they have a link to a program that should help your problem called "Mail Washer". The program is free if you only use it for one address.

If you have several addresses you will need to purchase the program for $29.95 (free to try for 30 days). The free program will not work for "yourname@hotmail" or "yourname@yahoo" type of addresses. I have been using it for a few days, maybe it will solve my spam problem without changing my email address.

Brad

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/catsclicks/story/0,24330,3400780,00.html

Rootsy
04-26-2003, 10:40 PM
i have been using this program for a while now and it has helped to deplete the amount of spam i receive at my tdi account. It checks your mail before your mail program does and allows you the option to delete, bounce the mail back and or blacklist the sender. you still must filter your mail within the program before launching your mail program though. by bouncing the email from a spammer back to them they believe your address is no longer valid and will hopefully remove you from their mailing list... it has worked fairly well for me... but it isn't perfect or hands free...

KMLFAMILY
04-27-2003, 05:33 AM
It is a shame the way they send out the profanity in the titles to the kids.My girls especially!One of the reasons i stay with the slow dial-up AOL. I have to block there e-mails from these people. :mad:

McGary911
04-27-2003, 11:05 AM
AoHell :D :D :D :D :D

Just added a term to my vocabulary....