PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a part for an Alpha

Sagbay32
09-16-2001, 10:31 PM
Looked up the microfiche at dougrussell.com and I believe it is called a trim plate or trim tab. This is the little adjustable keel type thing right above the prop. It appears to be cast aluminum. I would also like to find out how the keel part snapped off without me knowing? All that is left in the round disk piece.

marcdups
09-16-2001, 11:20 PM
Mike, are you sure there was a tab there, If you have an alpha gen II, it probably does not!

Marc

AKA Towel Boy :eek:

boxy
09-17-2001, 08:26 AM
Is it a keel, or the sacrificial annode.

GeneD
09-17-2001, 09:54 AM
Marc is right, if it is a Gen 2, you might not have a keel.
However, if it does have the fin, you should be able to get this at any place that stocks Merc parts. It is a fairly common part.

Sagbay32
09-17-2001, 11:42 AM
Yes it had a fin on it and it was turned a little off center (to counter act prop rotation?). It still has a 1/4 in of the fin where it broke off. I thought that gen II 's were used in 1995 (the year of my Donzi). How can I tell what it is? The serial number is OF484033 and I think in the sticker is stamped 1.84 if this is possible for the ratio?

oldLenny
09-17-2001, 12:33 PM
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002635

Formula Jr
09-17-2001, 12:59 PM
You have an Alpha II, but for the part you are looking for, it doesn't matter. Any boat store will carry this part and it is fully interchangeable across the R/Alpha/Alpha IIs. There is an old style that is the largest of the these types of Anodes, that one is for the older manual steer drive setups, The smaller tab is for all the drives and the zinc plate without the fin is for powersteering setups and Bravo IIIs. The powersteering setups have a torque compensation valve that corrects any pull on the wheel but its hard to adjust so people just use the little fin for fine adjustments. They are called Lower Unit Zincs.
http://www.epud.net/~owen/trim-tab.gif

Sagbay32
09-17-2001, 06:03 PM
Formula JR, you rock as usual! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again.