PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run under the gun! Literally

Shanghied Again
09-16-2001, 01:45 PM
Well. We just came back form the Philly Poker Run. I dont want to tell you how scarey this is (but I must) First the Goast Guard did not want this to go off, but they had no choice there were Permits pulled. Now the reality? No over 45 Mph, No more then 15 boats in a cluster, When you go by the Airport you must go to the furthest side and idle by, The same with any other Navy ship and or port. Failure to do so will get you SHOT! The Goast Guard were equiped with guns and they were Not kidding around, To pass by a CG boat an see guns ready to take aim on you is a scary way to have a Poker Run. They warned us at the meeting there will be no warnings if you break any of these rules.. I am happy to be home. :(

Shanghied Again
09-16-2001, 02:10 PM
Just another note we all wore red,white and blue ribbons and carried the American Flag on every boat 35 Poker run boats looked awesome. The three winners donated all there winnings and we all donated to The Firemens Widow and Chidren Fund. All and all a great great turn out except for the under the gun but under the conditions I Can Not Blame our boys in blue. They are as Scared as we are? Hope we blow the sh$% out of them!

GeneD
09-16-2001, 03:01 PM
Well, hope you all realize this was to be expected.
But the show of unity and patriotism you guys displayed is inspiring.
Also, contributing all the winnings to charity, wow, I hope the newspapers were alerted.
This is what I always say, and I am proud to be just a little part of it, we are a family, and this week, we have expanded our family. We lost some members of our family, but they will not fade away as long as we remember.
We will get those responsible, this is inevitable.
Kudos to all in the Philly Poker Run, you guys are a class act.