PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Dealerships

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-08-2001, 08:48 AM
Who/where are all the Donzi dealers for MD, VA, WV (if any) and NC/SC.
I have found Smith Mountain in VA and Jacksons in MD. I am sure there are more!
If they have a web page please include link.

I tried the zip code search on the Donzi homepage and mostly got zero, your search codes have to be close to the dealers etc..

Thanks in advance. Bryan

harbormaster
09-08-2001, 10:45 AM
Bryan,
I had asked Donzi at one time for a list of dealers to do a mailout about the registry. They would not give me that info. That kinda floored me.
They did offer to do the mailout for me.

Dr. Dan
09-08-2001, 11:27 AM
Bryan, I use Jackson Marine when it's a Donzi specific item, or if there is any fiberglass to be drilled! I did find another dealer for Donzi at the Bay Bridge Boat Show this year, namg.net , North Atlantic Marine Group, in fact the pictures of the 28 ZXO, were from their "Booth", don't have any knowledge of their service or reputation, Mike Miller might!...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-08-2001, 12:26 PM
Thanks Doc, I have spoken to them before and that is where we got all our Donzi clothing etc... very nice folks.

HARBORMASTER, you have email...

I called a Donzi dealer in Fairfield Ohio today, ask one question (windshield or fairing) on a 26ZX he had and his reply was, "let me look out the window!" Must have been a new guy!

Still surfing, trying to kill a non boating day while the wife works. I found lots of neat Donzis all over the country etc... A few in salvage too. I noticed the dealer on Smith Mountain Lake has really got a good deal on their 2001 22ZX, they have had it a long time, not sure why, it is a sweet looking brand new boat. Or at least I like the graphics, may be too busy for some. They also have hull #17 ZXO with twins....
surfing away....
Bryan

HP 600SC
09-08-2001, 02:10 PM
I think it is the boatstore in Va.

RickSE
09-09-2001, 12:20 AM
Bryan,
I'm sure you already know this, but you can search for dealers on Donzi's site by Zip Code. I need to contact my dad so I'll ask him if he knows who all is there, he may since he lives in Maryland.

I wish you could have bought my dad's 6.2L 22ZX, he finally let it go for $40K and lost quite a bit of money on the deal, oh well he can write off the loss.

Donzi probably does not want to upset dealers by giving out a "dealer list". Those involved would prefer that the customer go to the closest "local" dealer. Giving out a list might encourage people to shop around.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-09-2001, 05:46 AM
Rick S Good point, I never thought of it that way.

I did surf Marty site, very nice... surfing did pass the day, today we boat!

Bryan :)

Shanghied Again
09-09-2001, 03:06 PM
Bryan, I love the people at Jackson Marine. I wish they were up here, Stephanie is the nicest person to talk and deal with. These people really have a love for Donzis not just sales people

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-09-2001, 04:48 PM
Frank, can't agree more. I will be calling them again at Christmas time for all new Donzi appearal for the family and friends, those black and red ZX jackets are really sharp!
Is there a Donzi dealer in NJ? Do they have a web site???
I made a offer on a new leftover 26ZX to an out of state dealer, I have not heard back, it has been 3 days, maybe I will call them around Thanksgiving or Christmas. If the number I offered is met I will trade. No strings or frills, I offered what I feel the boat is worth. I am asking 28K for mine with 270 hours, it too has allot of upgrades, so we'll see if the whole deal comes together. I need some good luck on this one...
I got a good deal on a truck once on Super Bowl Sunday one year!

Still hard to believe your selling your ZX. Keep us all posted, you are like an icon around the Donzi scene. Nancy and I wish you all the best with the new purchase.
Bryan

RickSE
09-09-2001, 11:02 PM
Bryan,
My dad says there are only two dealers in MD. One on the Eastern Shore, just over the Bay Bridge and one in Northeast MD, North Chesapeake Bay. Let me know if you need more info.

Shanghied Again
09-10-2001, 08:56 PM
Bryan. I will sell only if the price is right. I keep getting calls from Sonic they want me in one real bad that the pice they came up with is very very tempting, I a have the actual prices of there boats on paper with a true buy out of my boat of 35,000 and I didn't ask for it? The new battle of phone calls is They want me to take one home for the weekend of the race a 31 ss and kryptonite wants me to take a 27. They know I am Sweep Leader one or Race Com 1. I will be on the move between Trumps Marina and the race for all 3 days. It will take a lot to move me out of a Donzi. Between Kryptonite and Sonic they would rather loose a little money on there boat just to have me push there product? We have Cape island Marina in NJ, Not easy to work with. I like Jackson Marine a lot better! Do they have any 26s My brother in law just bought a 28 nice boat. Rides a little smoother then mine but not as fast. Say hello to everyone
:)

Ranman
09-10-2001, 10:15 PM
Not trying to start a peeing contest as I really have no idea, but I have to ask. I've heard Sonic referred to as the "Bayliner of offshore boats". Anyone care to shed some light?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-11-2001, 07:33 PM
Frank, great to hear from you, funny, I spoke with the Sonic guys on Route 50 MD today about the 3 new 26's (496HO) they have and scheduled a ride for fun.

The whole boat trade thing has me a bit miffed, I had a Donzi dealer today tell me my boat is worth 22K on the trailer cash money yet he is positive he could sell it for 28 to 30K to gain his profit. They wanted my boat, 5K cash and 67K for the 26ZX they had which was bare bones.... it was a new 2000 502 leftover. Way off the mark in my book. He did come down some 10 minutes later when he called me back. I don't mind someone making money but me taking a bath for someone elses profit won't happen, especially when Ihave full ZCare until November 2004.
I had one trade offer for 26,5K for my boat which I thought was fair but it was on a boat I don't want....
My boat is scheduled to return to the Donzi factory in December for some fairing work if I can not find a good winter deal.
Good luck with your purchase, hope to see you and the family soon.... gotta run, time for our Commander and Chief to speak.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
09-11-2001, 08:39 PM
Thanks Bryan. 67 for a 26. Thats a little on the high side. I would hit him down to 58 and take it from there! But watch the old I will take your boat in trade and then put your payments on top a 26 for 90.000. I would think your boat should be worth at least 30,000 especilly when the new ones are 42,000 bottom price. Believe me my boat goes knowhere unless I get my price. To much money involved. I have 15,000 worth of improvements. Ps, Just got some new Donzi cloths from Jackson Marine boy they look great!

JoeW
10-09-2001, 08:06 AM
good advice!