PDA

View Full Version : What a Horrific Ride!!!

GEOO
04-16-2001, 08:40 PM
I was cruising in my 1998 Jeep TJ, listening to Buffet, thinking of the trip to Kentucky, when the guy going the opposite direction decided to take a left into my lane. Dukes of Hazard here I come!!!. My Jeep with it's 33" tires hit his hood, we (the Jeep and I) went flying in the air, off the hood of the Honda Civic over it's roof, landed on to two wheels I couldn't control her, Skidded side ways for 40feet and flopped on her side. Thank God for seat belts!!! The control arms were ripped off the front axle axle, Green paint was on the skid plates, and big black skid marks over the top of the Honda's Hood. I was hanging by my seat belt jumped out of the window to check on the guy in the Honda. He was fine just a little battered by the air bags. Boy You never know!!! ........Randy, if I was a little short today on the phone all this happened at 2:30 today. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/confused.gif GEOO OH Yah I'm fine!!!! Here's she is over the years. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1265596&a=9366030&f=0

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 04-19-2001).]

boldts
04-16-2001, 08:58 PM
WOW Geoo. Unreal... Just goes to show, you never know what could happen at any given time. Glad to hear you're OK, but I'll bet a little sore. Amazing, you do 90 in a boat, and while that is also dangerous, a car crash almost takes you from your family and friends. Please take care and be careful. By the way, that was a very nice Jeep you own.

Scott Boldt

Frank Civitano
04-16-2001, 09:17 PM
WOW. George the heck with the Jeep as long as your ok! You never know what kind of drivers are out there.
Frank
If your fine then heck what a bummer to loose such a beutiful jeep

------------------
Frank Civitano

FASTEDDIE
04-16-2001, 09:30 PM
George,
Thank God you were not driving with wife and new baby. Glad your OK.Get something with a little more protection and side air bags.

------------------
FASTEDDIE

RedDog
04-16-2001, 10:01 PM
Thank goodness you didn't have "Mighty Mouse" with you - did I get the name correct?!!!

Really - count your blessings - we and your family couldn't take an outcome worse than the loss of your Jeep. Glad YOU came out all right.

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

Dr. Dan
04-16-2001, 10:33 PM
GEOO, The Big Man was looking out for you for sure, glad to hear you're ok, it's always a bummer when the vehicle gets trashed like that, but as long as it protected you,it did its job. Hey, now you have an excuse to build another toy! Good Luck and stay healthy...Doc

green16
04-16-2001, 10:58 PM
So glad to hear you are alright. Get back on that horse and keep plugging away. And get another safe car. That one did its job. Don't let the insuranc companies tell yo it can be repaired. ( I couldn't see the pictures ) Take care. John Teixeira green16

Scott Pearson
04-17-2001, 07:36 AM
Geoo,
Glad to hear your OK. Good thing you wernt on a Motorcycle. I have lost alot of friends that same way. The old left had turn thing.

Take care!

(NJ)Scott

Looped
04-17-2001, 08:24 AM
Bummer Geo. Like others mentioned, at least you were the only one in the Jeep. I went through the same thing years back but I was the idiot that crossed the line. That sure is not any fun.

Maybe it’s time for that new Family Truckster.

Craig

RickR
04-17-2001, 09:49 AM
Glad your OK.
Lucky you had 33s http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

kwoods
04-17-2001, 11:12 AM
What kind of beadlocks? 15x8's?

bverd
04-17-2001, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear you are okay... The jeep is replaceable.

STUNG_AGAIN
04-17-2001, 02:33 PM
GEO, happy you're safe and OBTW, happy you weren't towing the boat http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif More to talk about at AOTH in 3.5 weeks... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------
"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

GEOO
04-17-2001, 04:55 PM
Thanks A lot Guys!!! I'm glad no one was hurt. It's hard to believe this was a 30 mph into a 15 mph head on collision??? Here's the local paper. My front axle was ripped off the control arms.

http://www.gatherround.com/j/View?u=160417&a=176705&p=1000000000003100563&pw=Donzi

I'm a little sore today. GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 04-17-2001).]

BigGrizzly
04-17-2001, 08:45 PM
Geoo no need to worry, I figured somthing was up. Just glad you wern't hurt and the wife and baby wern't with you. Gary Grimes daughter was killed last week in a car accident. He is a total mess, and he is a strong minded guy. I hope no one ever has to go through that!

Randy

Lowrangerider
04-18-2001, 04:00 PM
Just wondering why you are parting it out???
It really does not look that bad. Email me with the price of the Beadlocks if you are selling them. May have interest in other stuff as well. Jewbakka@usa.com

Oh, and I will most likely not be back to this board so please email me if you do want to sell some stuff.

[This message has been edited by Lowrangerider (edited 04-18-2001).]

tarwheeler
04-18-2001, 08:49 PM
I am interested in gears, arb's, tires,
winch,transfercase, etc.
Please send me a list of what you are parting out,what you want for it, and how soon you would be interested in doing it.

kdouglas@us.ibm.com

Greg Dominis
04-24-2001, 08:23 PM
George,Glad everyone is o.k. also.I didn't know when I tried to contact you; so take your time,we'll talk sometime.Good Luck Greg

Bryan Tuvell
04-24-2001, 08:34 PM
GEOO, I echo all of the above, your are in our prayers tonight.

Bryan and Nancy Tuvell

Formula Jr
04-26-2001, 01:39 AM
I'm sure Don, had a hand in minimizing the damage to you.
Looking forward to a ride in THE WORLD'S FASTEST X18.

My condolences for your Jeep.

seano
04-26-2001, 06:52 AM
Hey george, sorry to hear about your wild ride...glad you're okay and no one was seriously hurt. I owned a YJ a couple of years ago and what happened to you was my worst fear. It's a good thing the wife and baby weren't on board.

But, the solution is not to get rid of the boat....just get rid of the Jeep! You don't have to buy a minivan either(not that there's anything wrong with that!) Besides, I was really looking forward to seeing you and the X boat on the 23rd of June... so whaaddaya say???