PDA

View Full Version : drive shaft bearings and seals

okeykid
09-08-2001, 12:01 AM
I have a HM 1970 ford 302 in a sweet 16.
The problum is this the formor @#*#@ owener that sold me the boat with a cracked block also put the drive shaft back togather wrong. I need the bearings and seals numbers if some one would be so kind to give them to me. I am still looking forword to the day I can put it in the lake and run it, I only made it half way around the lake the first day I hade it in the water. If some one would give me some advice on how to calm my wife down it would be great she want me to set fire to it,she just don't under stand :(

Classic Razorback
09-08-2001, 12:13 AM
Good Luck Man
Welcome!!
My boat craped out last year on Haloween and my wife was bummed about it. But hey, when I fixed it... All was good again :D (long winter and half of summer)
At least she wants to burn the boat and not you. I was'nt sure about my case.
These guys can help you I'm sure and she will love it!!

Good luck again
chris

BigGrizzly
09-08-2001, 08:22 AM
If its a volvo Scott has the info. Stock should have been a 302 with a lowrise manifold. all the bearings and universals are commom parts house items except the universal holder, that Volvo but can be changed. The doubble ball bearing in the carrier housing is the expensive one. Got two prices when I replaced mine, 1) $25, 2) $83 both from NAPA.

Randy

okeykid
09-09-2001, 10:00 PM
stock 302 with H/M bell and tunnel

Gearhead99
09-09-2001, 10:33 PM
Just take the bearings to a Bearing parts house. They can match them up and save you alot of money.

They usually have sealed bearings too.