PDA

View Full Version : Time for a 180...Who wants a LOTTO?

oldLenny
09-07-2001, 09:11 PM
Hope Scot doesn't mind me running with this "ball" but I LOVE the idea. Anyone not know what we are talking about, go look at "Board clean-up, page 2.
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002599&p=2

It's a great idea. (...someone said it was...) Everyone gets a chance at "getting" something in this grand design and the Harbourmaster, (anyone ever notice that this is long for H.M.) gets compensated for all his trouble and, now-a-days, "policing". He will probably have to pay a tax on these revenues and register this site as a business. (unless it is already) It WILL work!
OK, everyone think happy thoughts now... :)

Sagbay32
09-07-2001, 09:16 PM
Yes. look into tax laws on this one. Register as a non-profit educational site and stress the Education of us poor souls.

Moody Blu'
09-08-2001, 11:14 AM
the best tyhing to do is make it a religious cult!
donzi worshiping, its the best way to make this work.
other wise youll be needing a gambling liscence.
depending on WHERE the raffle is held.

Ed Donnelly
09-08-2001, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a great idea..1 nice prize..1 appreciation shown to the H M

harbormaster
09-08-2001, 07:26 PM
The registry is already a business and pays taxes to the IRS. LEN, I do not have a problem with you ramrodding this project.
If anyone gets weird feeling the safety of all the money, I can get another signature on the account. Maybe Mike Miller can get us a deal on a boat.

oldLenny
09-08-2001, 10:08 PM
Speaking for myself here, only!!!, I can't imagine ANYONE having a problem with the money issue. Most folks will only have a hun or two involved in this Lottery. It should run until there is enough gathered for the prize and C.D.Registry compensation/income/support. Take it all as income, support money for the website in legal terms, pay taxes on it. Spend "some" and buy me a nice new 18 with the Scorpian package.

(Huh?...what's that?...oh,... yeah, heh, heh,..I like white with the blue stripe thanks)

Set a top end limit on the donations, this will guarantee you reach a cap that makes this worthy and your work involved here. Offer them as "tickets" or coupons for the draw and only for so long is required to reach the "point". Maybe give some "surplus" and to justify the design of this undertaking, to Zero Cavitiy's program for children with disabilities and life threatening diseases. I, for one, am ALL FOR THAT. Make it clear to EVERYONE that there will only be, say, 1000 tickets sold @ $100.00 a crack. Keep the daily total contributions at the top "somewhere" of the screen, with all knowing that it will CLOSE when the target is reached. Take Pay-Pal for the service and a link to make it easy.

When all is said and done, and you pay about 25% on the income, a portion to Pay-Pal, buy the boat and pay the tax (forget the Scorpian option...)give some to Zero Cavitiy's program and you will still have about 20K to invest on the site and its' peripherals.

OK, that was just my idea, and I haven't got a clue as to YOUR tax laws and such. I am now dropping the ball and it's yours'.

I like this idea!!! (oh, don't worry about shipping, I'll come and get it... ;) )

RickSE
09-09-2001, 12:03 AM
Time to call Mom & Dad.
Dad's a Donzi dealer and Mom's a retired IRS Revenue Agent. :D

Should be like The Price is Right, whoever wins the prize is responsible for paying local sales tax?

Only other item should be possible taxes on any remaining money, after the prize purchase. May be able to get around that though. Would we really want to give a percentage to PayPal?

oldLenny
09-09-2001, 12:45 AM
RickS...I think Pay Pal is the ONLY way to keep it simple, for EVERYONE, not just the registry people, 'cuz I am SURE we are "not alone" here and I don't mean "Aliens"! This will undoubtedly go outside of the close-knit Forum people. I feel that in order to "POST" for the ticket you should also be a member and have the "posting" ability. This will generate MORE people on the registry, a good thing really, expand the clientel (sp) that see Scots' Goodies and such and therefore help out the site both financially and through technical resources. I also think that "the booty" will get there in a hurry. If it requires any thought or cumbersome money articulating it will DIE. I think Scot could get a better % rate from Pay-Pal if he wangles a bit. Visa is based on this principle. Slow or no sales, big percentage of retail invoice, lots of sales, lower fees. I think he could get this project through Visa @ about 2 to 2.5% but the transactions wouldn't feel as secure in peoples minds as the Pay-Pal scenario. It has got to be easy and "point and click" whatever the method of payment. It has to be instantaneous, and cheques and the like would NOT be allowed. These are going to be "HOT" commodities (the tickets) and there are no rain checks. Ticket/raffle sales should be posted on the web page and amount remaining for sale as well. Draw date to be determined by sales. This will guarantee the fruition of the undertaking.

mattyboy
09-09-2001, 08:38 AM
Len,Scot,
I think this is a great idea, whatever help I can be let me know,Scot I know a non profit
arrangement can be tuff to get but how bout an historical preservation society????just thinking out loud,
Sky please you're scarying me!!!!! :p

Matt