PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

gnbrian
01-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Does anyone out there use Progressive Insurance for their boat. I'm currently with Allstate Floridian but, just got a quote from Progressive for substantially less.

tailwind
01-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Recently purchased a 91 Classic 18 2+3 and asked my agent to shop it out for me knowing he had recent personal experience with a wave runner for his family. Progressive: With a clean driving record, hull, trailer at 12K and $500 deduct, 2 million liability, annual premium came to $368.00 with roadside assistance whatever this is.This assumes freshwater useage. My 84 22' Cape Dory Sailboat insured through US Boats with comparable coverage runs approx $150 per year, but the best it will ever see is 10 mph! Other than theft or acts of GOD, the biggest risk is that of hitting unseen submerged objects. Let me know what Allstate has quoted, have my home and auto with State Farm.

As far as exhaust goes, mine came with an OMC King Cobra 350 Chevy setup complete with the Corsa Silent Choice option. A dash mounted switch actuates a solenoid, diverting the exhaust through the lower unit providing alot less noise than the thru hull. Not sure, but I think the thru hull Corsa exhaust incorporate some type of silencer at the tips - sounds great anyway. Anyway, because of the diverter setup on my boat, the thru hull exhaust ports are further apart that other photos seen on the site.

Best regards,
Randy
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rc-stern.jpg