PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Marine metal scripts...???

oldLenny
11-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Before I finish spending an untold fortune on the pair on E-Bay, does anyone have a set of these for sale?

My 16 from Scot Van A didn't have them. Is Richard Weaver making some? Are they available in "new" condition anywhere? Any NOS of these out there?

Expedious replies please, as I have 24 hours left.
Thanx in advance, Lenny

Woodsy
11-04-2002, 12:12 PM
Lenny...

I believe Dick Weaver tried to make them but had limited success. He came by his quite by accident. I would try to get ahold of him and see if he has any sources.

As nice as these scripts are, unless you are doing a full blown, down to the last nut & bolt Scott Pearson type resto, I would go with the decals... save the $$ for the important stuff, like motors & paint...

Woodsy Von Donzi

harbormaster
11-04-2002, 08:51 PM
I told Mr Lenny not to buy some. I was going to buy him a set from Mr and Mrs Weaver.
Tsk Tsk Tsk Lenny. Calm Down!

Richard
11-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Woodsy, We had great success with the cast emblems. The first run sold quickly, and are doing more now. The problem is the amount of time it takes to do them. We had a repo set on the 14 Baby at the portifino show and fooled alot of people. They look nice with the decals. Compared to the price of paint and motors they are cheep.
Lenny.... relax, more coming.

Woodsy
11-06-2002, 07:42 AM
Richard...

I am sorry.... I was remembering a conversation I had with you a long while ago when you were telling me about the script logo on your Hornet. I thought you said that you didn't have any success casting the scripts.... MY bad... Hope all is well over there in Sharpleigh! Tell Cindy that Nancy says hello!

Memo to Lenny... pay no attention to the ramblings of an obviously misinformed Winni Bandit....

Woodsy Von Moron....

oldLenny
11-06-2002, 08:35 AM
I bailed out at $135.00. I played 'till the last minute, but was too late to up it anymore, nor did I want to sight unseen. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Scott Pearson
11-06-2002, 02:59 PM
S**T...for 75.00 I'll seel you the ones off my Bench Seat Hornet....In fact...maybe I will just give them away.

(NJ)Scott

CDMA
11-06-2002, 03:22 PM
Yeah that $75 might almost pay for those brochures you sniped from me... wink wink wink

Chris

Scott Pearson
11-06-2002, 04:01 PM
....I will never hear the end of this one I'm sure..... :p

(NJ)Scott

CDMA
11-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Listen Poodle you keep saying I am from Joisey I am going to tell everyone you are from Disney World... :D wink :D wink :D

Chris