PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified 18 Criterion????

CDMA
01-05-2002, 05:46 PM
On the road today I came across a donzi unlike anything I have ever seen before. It looks like a 18 criterion. Single seat but standard length bow. Extra room is take up by a larger engine compartment that is raised and boxed out above the deck like a criterion, if you follow what I am describing. The boat has 2 bucket seats and 6 inches aft of the back of the seats is the start of the engine compartment. The boat has a trs and looks all original. At first I thought this was a modification done by someone but upon closer inspection it looks all original. It just looks factory and so similar to the criterion. The boat is LH steering and has some kind of old k planes on it. The crazier part is that it is a sharp keel barrelback hull. Did the TRS drive exist when the barrelback hull was used??? I have to say I am befuddled. Anyone seen or heard of this boat. I have a few pictures but won't be able to post them till I get back.

Chris

Formula Jr
01-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Chris, can not wait for the photos. It makes sense that Donzi would have tryed the concept out on an 18 first before developing the 22 hull. It will probably turn out to be a one off.

CDMA
01-06-2002, 01:31 PM
If you are that anxious post your address and I will snail mail them to you so you can post them. I would like them back though if possible. Hmmmmm I need a thrid donzi...right....

Chris

New Orleans is the coolest city ever

Formula Jr
01-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Cool!

Owen Saffell
POB 2270
Jasper, OR 97438