PDA

View Full Version : Only one Donzi at the show

riverrat
01-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Well, it was a sad day for Donzi people at the Houston boat show today. Seems the area dealer is giving up on the line. And to add insult they stuck the only Donzi they have left in a corner that is not well traveled in the show. a 30 ZF.
Nice boat too... Seems there is alot of trouble in boat sales here in Houston. I talked to three dealership owners that have filed chapter 7 this year.. Fishing boats rule here in Houston, they always have. And that's whats represented at this show this year most. On the other hand,
I guess that makes my '18 classic a rare sight!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif gotta luv it!

mikev
01-06-2002, 09:09 PM
dont feel bad dude we went to the Atlanta show and the only dealer in Georgia (Park Marine) didn't even have any Donzi Brochures let alone any Donzi's. They had one of the bigest displays to but only had Bayliners and Baja's out there. I guess just because they are a dealer doesnt mean they have to display the boats. Guess we have to ask Mike Miller about that may be he has more insight. I wont waste my time going next year though, no deals on accessories and no Donzis to drool over

Mark Nelson
01-08-2002, 11:04 AM
I too was there Saturday, and like you, also very disappointed. I know Boat Superstore has sold quite a few Zx's in the Clear Lake area - I would have thought they would have had one on display.
Looked to me like a lot less of everything at this year's show - boats used to be jammed in trailer to trailer all over the place; this year I noticed a lot of extra room and a lot of empty corners (a lot less booths as well)

I did enjoy checking out that big skater and the cigarettes always impress ($$$-wise if anything)