PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Illinois, Southeast Wisconsin & Northwest Indiana guys.

Kikwear
09-06-2001, 08:27 AM
That’s the best way I could phrase it. Anyone up for some cruising on the Chain O Lakes this weekend? Saturday is light scattered storms and Sunday is all sunny. Now that this new exhaust is on, I’m taking every advantage of getting out on it. Thought some people might like to congregate. Maybe anchor a bit, drinks at Blarneys, whatever. Anyone else that’s not in those geographic area are welcome, but I thought it might be a haul for you.

Greg
09-06-2001, 05:35 PM
Kikwear, I would like to join you, but I am still in the resto process. Although next year I have a friend on the river so I will be keeping the Donzi on the chain for part of the summer and on Lk. Geneva the rest of the time back and forth. Geneva might be a problem though, I have to get my motor down to 86db. to be able to play without getting busted. Sounds like you sorted out the exhaust problems you were having. How does it sound? Stay in touch, us northern Ill. people have to stick together.

Sam
09-06-2001, 07:14 PM
Give me the nearest major city, I may be interested.

Sam

Don Carone
09-06-2001, 08:40 PM
Not many days left, I was out today and yesterday so Id be there depending on weather? I have a boat at Bald Knob (86 MINX) and live about 20 mins away so its easy for me. are you going both days?

Let me know what your thinking

Kikwear
09-07-2001, 12:08 AM
The exhaust sounds awesome. Just damn mean. Hope the resto goes smoothly. I guess the nearest major city in that area that I can think of would be Fox Lake, IL. As for which day, weather.com says 70% of precip and rain until at least 3pm on Saturday, so I'm kinda leaning towards Sunday since the precip is only 20% and I bet there will be no rain.

Kikwear
09-07-2001, 03:21 PM
Just checked weather.com and now they say scattered both days. Chance of precip is 30%. I’m going Saturday. I’m not going to let the weather cut down on the remaining days. Plus, I’m anxious and I can’t wait until Sunday. :) I’ll be checking this periodically, if something is going on, put it here.

Sam
09-07-2001, 08:50 PM
Kikwear, what kind of set up/performance are you getting from your 5.7

Sam

Kikwear
09-08-2001, 12:04 AM
Couldn't tell you really. These waves in Lake Michigan make it tough to go over 40 without tabs. Acceleration out of the hole is incredible and even a hit at speed will put you back. Boat likes to jump all the way out sometimes. One of these days, I'll get up early on a Sunday morning and top her out.

Don Carone
09-08-2001, 10:26 AM
You would think with a large donzi dealer on the lake there would be more than 2 donzis boating today!!
My boat will be in at 11:00 (at bald knob Pistakee lake) and well be out running around
we will check Famous Freddies bet 12:00 and 12:30 its in meyers bay south of rand road, ask anyone
86 red/creme minx