PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I found!

Riley
09-06-2001, 07:16 AM
I was wandering around my local marina yesterday, and found a mint condition 350/4 bbl Mercruiser engine sitting on a pallet. After some discussion with the manager, it turns out this powerplant had been pulled out of a Stingray and replaced with a new EFI 350 because the current owner wanted the ease of starting and idle quality of the EFI. I know the owner of the Stingray, and she has not abused this 350 in any way. It only has 320 hours on it.

Bottom line is that I think a person could pick this complete, running, mint condition 350 up for about $3500. When I say complete, I mean everything. All marine pumps, manifolds, ignition, carb, you name it are included, other than the outdrive.

What do you guys think? Should I grab it for any of my Donzi brethren? Leave a message or drop me an email if you are interested.

Gearhead99
09-06-2001, 08:20 PM
I think it is alittle over price for a 320 hr engine. When you run them hard 400 hrs is breathing hard on a stock engine. Remembering the Master Craft days. I'd say it's worth $1K to $1.5K max.

FASTEDDIE
09-06-2001, 09:31 PM
I agree. A lot over priced. Check with your local boat speed shop. There are many people who want to upgrade say from a nice 350 to a 454. They pull a 350 MPI out to get more power and go to a carbureted 454 to develope more horses and there are very little hours on their perfectly good 350. Also go on ebay. Search for "Mercruiser engine ". You would be shocked to see what you'll find ;)