PDA

View Full Version : AOTH III Post Observation / Issue

Ranman
11-01-2002, 08:14 PM
You will be required to show proof of your insurance on your boat and it must be valid. ALthough this is not an issue for me as I have insurance, this may potentially pose a problem for some members. Boat insurance is not required in Michigan. Although I'm sure most of us carry insurance on our boats, I've heard of some struggling to obtain coverage. Speed capability, age, horsepower, etc, aid in disqualifying coverage. Is this an issue for any of you.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-01-2002, 08:34 PM
Blame me for that statement, my recommendation to Scott B. last week when we talked.
We run two big boat clubs here (big HP), and at every "organized" event we require it, just a good practice.
Most on this board should be able to obtain insurance, it is the big HP twin guys that have trouble getting coverage, generally speaking.
Bryan

boldts
11-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Guys - I added this to the post for your own safety. The gathering itself is covered by a club umbrella policy. No need to worry and in fact since I already have the event covered, I should probably just delete that part. The club insurance is required by the Marine Patrol on the lake for any group holding a gathering on the lake. While not always enforced to a high extent, once word gets out that Donzi boats are coming to the lake, awareness will be heightened. We have never had any issues with the lake patrol in the past 2 years, but they appreciate knowing what is going on and when you can show them that you have taken the time to cover your event with insurance, it really helps their additude towards the gathering. wink

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Scott, it is almost REMOTE time!

Your call on the insurance deal, I still believe it is good a practice.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
11-02-2002, 08:32 AM
Scott, Insurance should be required by all boats that participate, When you run any event this is a given, God for bid something should happen, The event holder is the first person that gets named. Any event we have with the NJPPC we have an endorsment so we are covered. I am already looking in to a rider when I have the N/E event in July.