PDA

View Full Version : New 22-Classic ....

Mark Albers
07-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Donzi Aficionados wink

Check out the new 22-Classic

Notice the new windshield, gauges (not sure I like), seat graphics, split stripe

http://www.donzi.net/photos/dnzss10.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dnzss11.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dnzss14.jpg

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

MAXCAT
07-23-2002, 08:30 AM
looks like they are going back to the pre 1988 22 classic windshield (if you can call it that!)

AVickers
07-23-2002, 08:48 AM
I applaude the windshield setup. It is a nod to functionality rather than a consession to fashion.

I have an '86 on which the previous owner replaced the center section of the windshield with a piece that didn't have the "eye lashes" because he didn't like the way they looked. I HATED the fact that the setup channeled wind directly back into my eyes and ears (PO was short and his head was under the slipstream...). (In my opinion, it was a TERRIBLE setup...and it made me long for my old 18 w/o a windshield -- I also thought seriously about removing the shield from my 22 just so I didn't have to deal with the wind blast.)

I've not ridden at speed in a boat with the newer style, fully framed windshield, but my guess is that I would have the same problem.

This year I made a deflector that attaches to the top of the screen. It is very simple and has made a vast improvement in the comfort of the boat.

Again, I applaud Donzi for this IMPROVEMENT to their boat.

blackhawk
07-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Sorry, but that windshield is downright ugly! There's no top frame? It looks like an afterthought. Oh sh*t, we forgot to put a windshield on, quick lets make one. I'll take fashion over function any day of the week when it comes to anything that doesn't deal with performance. Maybe that's just a "prototype" and the finished product will look much better. I hope so!!!

tmdog
07-23-2002, 06:24 PM
Harbormaster, I have to admit your Donzi looks better than the new model. Just comparing the setup , same color. I'd opt for yours. Oh oh the price just went up.

Barry Phillips
07-23-2002, 08:21 PM
On the + side the Monster gauge package looks great, but Donzi please lose that retro Grant 3 spoke steering wheel it looks way out of place in such a cool dash. The custom Dino in the red 18 looks way better. Better yet how about the white on peuter MOMO featured on nisonger marine's web site. The MOMO would set those Monsters off nicely. And finally dual ram trim tabs, these are a nice compromise between the cheezy basic tabs and the ultra expensive mini K-planes.

Now the minus, the striped seats are not my taste, keep the plain white. Make them an option. The windshield looks cheap, and the air foils are ugly, if someone really wants them they can be found in the aftermarket. Last week I saw a Superboat Legend which looks like a 22 with a railing like the 18 and the ajustable visors mounted to the rail, It looked really good. Last but not least if you are going to split the deck strip make it wider like a GT40, better yet leave it alone, although I like the tappered deck strip on the SE.

SO-SLO

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-24-2002, 02:41 PM
What the heck is that white oval thing on the starboard side up by the bow?

MAXCAT
07-24-2002, 02:48 PM
flatracer - I think it is the fuel tank vent. Ditch the split stripe.

Digger
07-24-2002, 03:07 PM
I believe inside the oval trim piece is where the horn is mounted.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Yuck! :rolleyes: Whatever it is, it looks dumb. Spoils the continuity of the beautiful classic lines!

Last Tango
07-24-2002, 03:14 PM
The white oval is absolutely the horn. Been that way for several model years, as far back as 1999 at least. My 1999 C16 had it that way, my 2001 C18 has it that way.

Ranman
07-24-2002, 03:16 PM
Yes, it is the horn cover. Donzi has been using them for years as my '97 was equipped with the same piece. Mine is chromed though.

Digger
07-24-2002, 03:25 PM
ditto, 1996

Barry Phillips
07-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Yes that is the horn cover, it is crome on my 98 Classic 18. Donzi went to white in 99 or 2000. The white is fine against a white hull, but sticks out like score thumb against a colored hull side. The chrome cover at least looks OK on everything. This is a standard cover and can be ordered from West Marine.

SO-SLO