PDA

View Full Version : Small block Chevy Valves

Ralph Savarese
01-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Can any one recommend what type of valves should be used wihout going crazy on the price. Can any one describe to me the differences in different kinds of stainless valves. Did any one ever deal with this place they seem extreemly cheep. www.fastvalves.com (http://www.fastvalves.com)
Ralph

Rootsy
01-04-2002, 06:34 PM
Just remember all valves are not created equal! manufacturer to manufacturer can flow very differently in the same head even if both are stainless...

Rick
01-04-2002, 08:33 PM
I,ve run Manley Stainless in 9000 RPM aluminium rod Chevy 427, Porsche 911 3.0 road race engine with over 30 hrs of race time and in small block Ford marine motors without failures, a good brand and a reasonable price, and no I don't work for them. Good Luck. Rick

Ralph Savarese
01-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Manley makes a many different grades of valves what type did you use? Racemaster,Severe duty,Ect.
What is the difference 21-AN,MV521,MV642,
Rockwell scale C?
How are these valves that the above link is offering.
Ralph

GEOO
01-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Ralph,
I ran Manley Severe duty int. & exh. in my 383. no problems. I had other valves in my 434 and they didn't last. The heat tulip a few of them. Now I run Manley Severe duty int. and Manley Inconel Ext. If you are going to run your engine hard then go with at least the Manley Severe duty int. It's a lot cheaper to do it right the first time. (I know from expereance.) My 2 cents. GEOO.

Kent Perroux
01-05-2002, 03:48 PM
I use Ferria Valves. We have used them in both normally aspirated and supercharged engines. (Stainless and Inconel) If you use Manley, I would go for the Severe Duty. Inconel exhaust valves if you build a hot engine or supercharge.

Boats are probably the most severe duty valves will see. And a broke valve can really mess up an engine.