PDA

View Full Version : Hood scoop direction?

Moody Blu'
09-05-2001, 07:24 PM
I just got my Harwood hood scoop and plug from UPS today, model # 3163 http://www.eharwood.com/products/images/4163.gif

It looks great on the boat forwards and backwards.

I need opinions!!!

It looks great forward, I could keep the hood scoop plug in it and not worry about it flying out while cruising along.I could also take the scoop out and get lots of air into the carb.though it really isnt helping the aerodynamics out.I would have to worry about water splashing over the bow.

It also looks great backwards, But I could not keep the hood scoop plug in it while cruising, it would surely pop out. I could take the scoop plug out as well but will I really get any air forced in the scoop? I would think it would suck more than force air in. BUT it is definately aerodynamically faster. I wouldnt have to worry about water splashing over the bow, but might have to worry about water from astern.

I have seen two boats this weekend with hood scoops and both of the scoops were forward. al be it, they were fountains with a high freeboard.

In the don aronow book "king of thunderboat row" all the scoops were backwards.

I realy like it either way, I need OPINIONS!!!!

I only have a couple weeks till the A.C. apba race (sept 22nd-23rd) and I want the hatch and scoop to be painted before then, so please BE OPINIONATED!!!!!

thanks in advanced.

Sincerely,
Broque, aka "black sheep"

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-05-2001, 07:41 PM
It is for a car or for a boat?
Is it just for looks or airflow to the carbs?
:D :D

Bryan

boldts
09-05-2001, 07:53 PM
Broque,

I like it forward. You stand a better chance of salt water coming in from the back when you slow down I would think than you ever would coming from the bow. Unless your into torpedoing the waves instead of flying from top to top and even then, you will be the first thing hit by the water. :eek:

Just my .02 worth.

mattyboy
09-05-2001, 07:59 PM
hey skyblue-black sheep,
I don't think you're the black sheep around here! but you want opinons, you know what they say about opinons :eek: don't want to offend anyone , here's mine
water is a concern either way, go the way you like it. I wouldn't put it on at all but that's me. which way do you think you'll get more hp, take some pics when it's done
hey is that big glass of guiness still on top of the dutchman's??????

HP 600SC
09-05-2001, 08:05 PM
I just want to clarify that my above post
was just to make a point....no I'm not back
pedaling, no one has said anything about it yet....I would not put the scoop on at all,
too risky for water getting in the engine... :rolleyes:

oldLenny
09-05-2001, 08:06 PM
1971_skyblue_donzi_classic

Check out this thread and you will see some other opinions already as this went through the washing machine a year ago. I would think that if anything, you would want to "ADD" a scoop that at least looks like it was conceivable to be of an OEM design. That scoop belongs on a 1/2 million dollar 38' DAYTONA!...and 2 of them I might add!
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000936

...and...BE CAREFUL that you don't end up making your boat (clean lines I would hope) look similar to ( or a rendition of) the one you made fun of when CDMA was kind enough to post the EBAY link for any "hunters" to participate in...

As you said yesterday, quote un-quote:

"all I meant was,in my opinion, that boats stripings are not to desireable in my book.
like I said the lines for the donzi speak for themselves, that pin striping throws it off"

THAT :eek: !!! is one big piece of pinstriping that you want to add!!!

That was my $.02, but it is CANADIAN money, so thats about $.01125 AMERICAN. You see, we can't even get our two cents in anywhere anymore! Maybe it's time to move to New Zealand or Mexico. I think we still have a chance of being heard there. :rolleyes:

RedDog
09-05-2001, 08:09 PM
Just my opinion - but the cleaner the lines the cooler - go sans scoop unless clearance is needed for real mods - I doubt you will get a half mph with or without - but then what do I know

Its kinda like, I hate vinyl siding with the woodgrain imprinted - make it look what it is - of course I'm the guy who most needs a house painting

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-05-2001, 08:38 PM
Len, neat post, LMAO.......
I ALMOST look forward to winter when the posts are really colorful.

Also, I better go look at my vinyl siding! :)
Bryan

Sagbay32
09-05-2001, 09:13 PM
If this offends you then you read it out of context.
If you put that scoop on you better tub it and get a wheelie bar so you can take it to the Nationals!
OR
You could always put it on a stock 80's Camaro like all the kids are doing. Just a thought :D

IMO no scoop is good scoop :D :D

GEOO
09-05-2001, 09:16 PM
Broque,
I wouldn't put that scoop on your stock hatch. Make a second hatch and put the scoop on it. That way when you get tried of it, or if it doesn't help your engine you can switch back. GEOO

Dr. Dan
09-05-2001, 10:08 PM
Sky, I agree with GEOO, I saw a 16 with a radical Scoop at the Donzi Poker Run (Jackson Marine), he had plans for a blower going on top of his built motor, I'll be posting some pictures(lots of them)in awhile, I gotta be honest on this guys boat it looked pretty radical and good! GEOO makes a great suggestion though,that way you gotta choice and that ain't all bad?...Doc

Scott Pearson
09-05-2001, 10:26 PM
I would mount that thing on the deck. Right where the fuel filler goes(Crazy Glue should do it). Then I would get 6" PVC pipe with 90 degree elbows and run them from the under side of the scoop, Down under the deck, Then up through the floor, then back down under the floor behind the front seats, Into the motor compartment, then back up through the deck where the front (stock) vents would mount, Then I would shoot the PVC stright up 10 feet and put some COOL tractor trailer exhaust flappers on the ends (This will keep the water out). Then I would paint the stacks like Candy Cains and wear a ski mask and a Santa Clause outfit with boxer shorts and one of those cat in the hat hats. Then I would put one of those Crash Test Dummies next to me in the seat and dress him up like Bozo the Clown with a a Dolly Parton wig. In the back seat I would chain an Ostrich in and feed him Captin Crunch, But instead of Milk in the bowl I would put BEER and crushed up Tums. The Ostrich would be dyed pink (This way people would think he was a big drunk Flimingo) I would also put one of those fake pile of dog crap (You know...the rubber one that everyone had when they where a kid)and Screw it down where the Bow light would be. This way it would light up and looked like a Nucular pile of Crap when I turned the Lights on. I would also add a dish that I could fill with jelly beans next to the shifter. I would then make all the gauges out of silly puddy with news paper cartoons on them. Then I would rip the carpet out and redo it with the FUN FUR ( you know... that stuff that everyone glued to the dash board of the old vans). I would also bolt bird feeders on the transom(this way I would always have company following me). Then I would plant beans in the center storage compartment so I would be able to make bean soup when I get hungry. Then I would Pin stripe the living crap out of my boat with crazy string and drive around all day making funny fart faces.

My 2 Cents!

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
09-05-2001, 10:56 PM
Dr dan, geo, sagbay32, aaaah hell, all of you.
I pretty much DON't have a choice, the manifold I have on my boat would not clear the hatch(edelbrock performer rpm)

On top of that when I bought the boat, Back when I was 15, for $5000(I'm 25 now going on 26 on nov 10th).The inside of the hatch was reinforced with 1/4 inch thick peices of wood and a small little hood scoop.-this hatch also had a hole in the center for a tall manifold, but the reinforcment wood went over it.(my old engine fit under the hatch)
The original hatch was smashed a long time ago when a FAT LADY stood on the hatch and broke through it.

So I dont really have a choice.

you think you guys could re post how you feel about which way the scoop goes ??

If it makes you guys feel better il have you know that the scoop will be lined perfectly and is going to be painted, along with the entire hatch(which never matched the boat from the start) I am hoping to have it finished before the A.C. race. My friend is going to paint it for me. Just to let you know, my friend is one of the best painters around his area, he paints lamborginis and the such, :D top notch!!! :D
it should look really sweet!

matty boy,you just had me laughing my ass off! everyone has their own opinions!! LOL
They did have the tall glass of guiness on the top.
I always go there in the summer(about 20-30 times all summer) the only thing I will drink at the "quelle" at dutchmans is WEIS beer, it comes in a big plastic mug and cost 5 bucks a pop, have three of them and your feeling great.

Bryan tuvel, its for the carb(edelbrock 750 cfm-got 1 mph out of 100cfm larger), the flame arrestor, is about a inch and a half above the hatch. like I said, the hole was there. :D

p.s.
thanks for all the responses I was hoping I would get alot. It sure is hard to decide, my friend and I were looking at it and still cant decide.
I will know after a couple more people give some ideas.

THANKS ;)

oldLenny
09-05-2001, 10:58 PM
...Scott, I'm peeing myself laughing...It's all I can do to write this...

TORYSMINX
09-05-2001, 11:15 PM
SkyBlue

I can feel your pain with some of these things not fitting. I just cleared the victor jr. high rise in my minx. I have about 3-4 inches to spare. I am am a little shocked that this thing does not fit with the performer rpm but hey we got to do what we have to do. I think a good peice of advice would be to keep the original hatch like stated and then put the scoop on a alternative hatch. Hang in there and post some pics when this thing is done and I am interested in seeing the paint.

Moody Blu'
09-05-2001, 11:22 PM
Holy CRAP, what kinda s$#@ are you smoking and where can I get some!!!!
THat was too FUNNY!!!!
I am still chuckling!

I could picture the birds following you too ahaahahahahaaahaaa!!! :D

olredalert
09-05-2001, 11:54 PM
Skyboy,

Get a Corsican back half.Get a hacksaw and a grinder.A little glass,a little bondo,alot of beer.There you have it!!!!!!!!!Just because Im backwards sometimes,I have to ask why you dont get a good dual-plane intake thats lower in height.They are all over the place for $80 to $150.Seems alot quicker and cheaper than your grand scheme,and I dont believe you would loose any horsepower.You might gain some torque,and thats what really gets you places in the end.Plus you wouldnt have any of us yukking it up every time we think of that 2 foot monsrosity bolted to the butt end of your boat!.......just.......ol red!

Classic Razorback
09-06-2001, 12:33 AM
But really
My brother is a commercial artist and I just asked him two days ago about drawing me a scoop that would keep with the same lines as my 22. I also wanted two hatches to try this with.(dreaming of a supercharger)

Dude, You have a DONZI, You can be more selective about who you let walk on your boat!!! :D

chris

Classic Razorback
09-06-2001, 12:37 AM
I would glue it on facing forwards, but I can't really picture it.(in my head)

chris

Scott Pearson
09-06-2001, 06:15 AM
Len,
Everytime I go back and read my post above, It cracks the hell out of me. Man, what was I thinking last night...Must have been a little tired. Thats too funny! I could just picture all of that...(laughing).

Cathy read it this Morning....she said I must be nutz...she is calling the doctor to day to get me admitted.

(NJ)Scott

GEOO
09-06-2001, 06:32 AM
Scott (NJ), Were you working with resin last night??

Broque,
I would mount the scoop foward. If you have the scoop open for air then IO would carry a cover to close up the opening during rain or rough seas. (Have you ever been to Offshore Only Site??)
GEOO :D

Scott Pearson
09-06-2001, 07:56 AM
Geoo,
Nope no resin last night...Maybe soon when the New "Secret" project starts. My posts will get really weird then!

(NJ)Scott

Dr. Dan
09-06-2001, 08:11 AM
Scott, You obviously have to stay away from the med.s, that is the funniest post I've read on this board, Scott V, MORE STARS FOR PEARSON!!!! Broc Boy you gotta get them fat ladies in to L. A Weight Loss or convince them to be a mooring bouy!...Good Luck ..Doc :D

Moody Blu'
09-06-2001, 08:19 AM
madpoodle, do you have the performer RPM manifold? and a 351w?
I have a 1" riser on the manifold, but even before the riser it would not fit, like i said before there was 1/4-1/2" " peices of wood fiberglassed into the hatch for strength.--I know all about that back wash when coming off plane!

Geoo, I have a harwood hoodscoop plug that is going to be painted along with the scoop and hatch. the plug will have the white line on it, and it will have a white donzi sticker on it whenever I get around to getting some stickers made for it.(like scott p's stickers under the hood but in white!)

Classhick, I would never let a fat lady on my boat, that happened with the previous owner.the scoop looks awesome on the boat, and its black now once its painted it will look even sweeter.

P.s.
That pic i posted really doesnt give that hood scoop any justice,
It really has some smooth lines on it and really makes the boat Look like its gonna BITE YA :eek:

One other thing.

when I went up to meet with frank c and jp brescia we all observed how my boat had a bit more freeboard than jp's classic. Also my boat has more freeboard than another 89 classic. don't ask me why, gas tank size? both had chevies in them, heavier than a ford engine?

by the way last night when I went to my freinds house, he took a buffer and some polish to my hood.
I have decided my boat does not need to be sanded with 1500-2000 grit to get the original shine back on it.
The one side of the hood was gleaming!
I cant wait to buff the whole boat out tomorow!!! :D

FORWARD IT SHALL GO!!!!

mattyboy
09-06-2001, 08:21 AM
hey scott,
those beans you would grow do you put them in your gumbo??? I lost you right after the truck exhaust. Also make sure the ostrich has a PFD,you don't want problems with CG or the animal rights people.
Sky, I spend some time during the summer on LBI know the dutchman's well may be alittle too well!!!! maybe we can get together next year and by that time maybe Scott will have his winter project done LMOA LMOA!!! sounds like one of them jokes" I guy walks into a bar with a pink ostrich.........
Scot by the way I think ostriches fly south for the winter

Matt
going to change my shorts now :D :D

PaulO
09-06-2001, 09:51 AM
Scott,
That was the funniest thing I have read ever!! Sky-Blew-whatever, the boys are sometimes subtle in their opinions. Maybe look for the bigger message here.
PaulO

RedDog
09-06-2001, 10:58 AM
Scott - sounds like you have flashed back in time with Hunter S Thompson - come back while you still can.

And to all - sorry about my woodgrained vinyl comment

And to Len - yeah, that might work. Come do the cedar work and then we will talk - OK?

Scott Pearson
09-06-2001, 04:01 PM
Skiblu,
I have those stickers in white. Large and small. 5.00 for large 2.50 for small.

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
09-06-2001, 06:03 PM
scott, what size are the large and what size are the small?

I might put one larg on the scoop plug and two small on the left and right sides.

let me know!

PAULO whats the underlying message here?
maybe you can tell me because I am oblivious to it.

Rootsy
09-06-2001, 06:10 PM
the hatch on the 16 w/ Performer on the sbc w/ holley and 3 1/2 x 10 K&N clears by bout 1/2 an inch in the 16... think i am gonna try the new performer airgap... and maybe a camshaft over the winter... i'd love the rpm airgap with a stouter camshaft BUT... just not enough room and NO SCOOP! HEAVEN FORBID, I might stub my big toe when i'm divin off the back! and well the little woman needs a place to tan... among other things............ good thing she isn't hefty, don't want any holes in the hood!

How large of a flame retarder is on that thing Sky?

if you glass that scoop on there you best make er blown and injected and put a camshaft so big in er she shakes your fillings out at idle... heck pull that 351 and stroke er to 416... hey... go big or stay home eh. can't let the hatch outdo the powerplant underneath eh! :p

Moody Blu'
09-06-2001, 06:58 PM
the flame retarder isnt that big about 2" high ,4" across?

Don't buy the perfromer airgap, just buy a performer rpm manifold and take a dremel to the center peice of metal and grind it down about a half inch or so, thats the difference between the rpm and the rpm airgap, thats what the guy at jegs told me!

I have plans to strap a supercharger to the top of my boat next summer, the hood scoop will make me do it!
either that or a tunnel ram with dual 650cfms on it.

BigGrizzly
09-06-2001, 07:17 PM
Jeroot, Your wasting money. you will work just as well in that application. and little clearence problems. Unless your pulling 6,000 which will put strain on the lower unit. Any way after 70, its a real hand full.

Randy

Rootsy
09-06-2001, 07:36 PM
i agree with ya randy, the rpm manifold is a bit too much and runner size is a little large for the low rpm's most of us spin. lose too much velocity and torque on the low end... i reckon i'll probably drop on a performer airgap, see if i can keep a bit of heat out of the manifold, besides i have some performance supplier connections so i can pick one up for next to nothing...

sky, the new airgap manifolds are suspended runner / plenum manifolds. the material is removed from under the plenum and runners between them and the manifold base. helps to isolate the air mixture from engine heat and adds more surface area for better cooling of the runners and plenum. by grinding the center divider out of a dual plane manifold you make one large plenum from two smaller ones which helps even out the plenum to get an even mixture and vacuum signal from right to left side. if you have an open spacer under your carburator you don't need to worry about it.

ummm 1300 cfm is just a tad too much for that windsor....

oldLenny
09-06-2001, 08:18 PM
...if anyone wants X-18 engine lids, I can supply you with these paint ready. (white gel supplied, not matching) Then you can play "hood scoop games" as need be. It is a cheap way to experiment and all I want is materials and a couple hours labour. Give the rest to Scott v.A.

(oh, and I want Canadian dollars so it is about .65 X CAN$ figure = US$ of any price I quote.) This is not to make money or be "in business" of cloning,... I AM NOT!!!! it is to offer a service (never have done any for anyone yet from these moulds) that might be hard for some of you to find now, and provide "REGISTRY PEOPLE" with some original "shaped" parts that might be otherwise unvailable from D.M.

Sorry, nothing for a Classic,...just the X boat.

sky_blue_donzi_classic:

I think the "underlying message" is...(I am speaking for myself here and in no means represent anyone else on "The Board", comments are my own, perspectives, and judgements, intended or implied are MINE) THAT the hood scoop doesn't look good on ANY DONZI CLASSIC other than original D.M. renditions,...or their own high $$$$$$ creations that guys like me dream of. In my mind it would end up kind of like seeing a '68 Vauxhall Viva at A&W on a Friday night with the bias ply tires and wheel skirts and a PROSTOCK scoop up front when we all know it has a cast iron milling under the hood and 40 HP. (at the crank )

You don't have 40 HP and don't need to exaggerate the forth coming of "blowing by" another boat. Subtlety is far more appealing. When was the last time you saw a 512BB Ferrari or deTomaso Pantera ADD scoops to make a point? The point was made when it went by you without any exaggerated "peripherals" and the sound of a well tuned exhaust and motor. Then what follows is the chills down your spine and the rest of your life spent trying to get/achieve the same to re-live the experience. (oh, hang on, did I say that happened to me?...nooooo,...well maybe, but that was twenty years ago, ...and I am still trying to get there.) That is why THESE BOATS WILL AND ALWAYS WILL BE the "Quotient of Cool"...Leave it alone and fix the manifold and/or arrestor height.

Oh, and...if you decide not to use the "SCOOP" on your boat, let me know. I could use it on my '63 Vauxhall Envoy and I am sure that this will FINALLY attract the "chicks"...and hopefully not "baby Pink Ostrich types"... ;)

...just my $.02 Canadian cents...Lenny

FASTEDDIE
09-06-2001, 09:13 PM
Scott(NJ)
I read your post tonight and I hear that Kathy is going to let you redecorate the house. This is very scary. :eek: :eek:

Scott Pearson
09-06-2001, 09:32 PM
Ed,
That is scary! See you tomarrow!

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
09-06-2001, 09:32 PM
Like I said I have no choice.
There is a nice hole in my hatch and I need to cover it and the scoop pictured is what I am covering it with. the scoop is only 7" high 30" long and 15" wide.
that scoop actually curves with the lines of the boat, front to back side to side.I know it will look AWESOME.

your all entitled to your opinions, and I am glad you all answered honestly.

boldts
09-06-2001, 09:40 PM
While we're on the subject of hiding things is better, let me share something I still own and ran on my 64 Chevelle SS. I used to have a blast racing Big Block Chevelles and anything else for that fact. I had a Tri-Power set-up on top of a Small Block chevy engine. Had the Muncie 4 speed and a 10 bolt posi in the back. The big block guys jaws used to hit the ground when I would open the hood at the local cruise hangout after a 1/4 mile run. That car really got off the line. If it had been more than a 1/4 mile though, I would have been eaten up because those BB's were charging hard at the end. If it wasn't for the starting line advantage, I'd get cooked. Long story (as most of mine seem to be) short, :rolleyes: a Donzi that looks original but has a procharger all tucked up under the hatch will blow by ya no matter how nice the cosmetics look. (Has anyone tried twin prochargers on twin engines in a 21GT?) :eek:

Donzified
09-08-2001, 09:01 AM
I have a smaller scoop on a 1976 X 18,It faces aft.I have no doubt that the way I drive on lake St.Clair if the scoop was faceing foward it would suck water.Don't forget about the rain.After all a day on the boat in the rain is better than no day on the boat at all.I don't think you would swamp the aft by slowing down to fast,but a wake from another boat could. Also if your boat was dead in the water the aft tends to point into the wind and very well could take water over the stern into the scoop into your engine.That is my opinion based on experience.

JESSE
09-08-2001, 01:15 PM
You do what makes you happy moody blu

Moody Blu'
09-08-2001, 01:23 PM
I put the scoop on today and went for a test run.
When I got to the end of my creek , I saw the bay and it was all white caps and 2-3ft waves.

well, the only splashing the scoop got was that annoying splash from the waves hitting the side of the boat.(off plane)

I am actually VERY pleased with the scoop, It really does curve perfect with the shape of the boat.

Another thing I am very pleased about is being able to hear the engine clearly but not LOUD like with the hatch off.

I don't know about you but when I drive my boat, I keep one ear in the wind and one on the engine just to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Right now the scoop still needs to be painted along with the hatch. Once the scoop and hatch are painted. I am going to polish the top and sides of the boat.
As it should LOOk great at the A.C. apba boat race!

next steps: drive and seats!

Gearhead99
09-08-2001, 02:56 PM
When I had my 18 2+3 I installed a hood scoop to clear the carb sticking through the engine hatch. First I installed in facing forward. I ran it for a month or so that way, then took it off, filled the mounting holes and turned it around facing aft.

I didn't run large scoop. My scoop was a knock off of a T/A Pontiac Trans AM.

Reason:

1. Way to loud for rear seat passengers, when the rear barrels opened it was deafning to them.

2. Looks better facing rearward

3. Third and most important, I took some "serious spray" over the gunnels and went in the scoop. If you take a serious wake/wave you could hydralic lock the engine. Remember you don't have a lot of free board and I have stuffed it in a wake or two.

Any power gains from having it forward are probably very minimal, considering our speeds and aerodynamics.

Moody Blu'
09-08-2001, 03:48 PM
we'll see, I do have a hood scoop plug which I can keep in the scoop if I need to.
only time will tell!

Kent Perroux
09-08-2001, 08:30 PM
I have a smaller scoop on my 18. It was on when I got it. I hole id cut in the deck just big enough for the SS flame arrester.
You can see it on the Boats for sale under my name.

With that big scoop you need to add a big blower!!

Moody Blu'
09-08-2001, 09:33 PM
well, big grizzly says I need different connecting rods(and crank?) If I put a blower under the hood.
Its like $2000-$3000 for a blower,
I really want one! I may just do it.

One thing at a time.

Im workin on the drive and interior for fall, winter and spring. That should keep me plenty busy.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-09-2001, 05:58 AM
Moody Blu.
Post a picture, I checked the registry and did not see a picture of your boat.
Bryan

harbormaster
09-09-2001, 08:52 AM
There should be a picture there.

Stix Magill
09-12-2001, 10:42 AM
Sky,

Please post a picture of you boat as it is now. Later, you can post updates. After this long thread, I MUST see it.

Thanks,

Stix

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 11:00 AM
heh, I will try to, this is my problem.

there are 3 computers in my shore house.
one is my dads laptop(very slow-no usb's), one is his desktop and the other is my desktop.
My dad tried to build a computer(like I did)but it did not work so he had to send parts back.(he wouldnt let me check anything)-stubborn- well his other computer is in peices because he was switching parts.

To top it off He wont let me hook my computer up to the phone line.

So I have no way to transfer the photos from my dads camera/camcorder to a computer and then upload them here.

hmm maybe I will run a phone line from my room and connect to the internet. then upload the pics and then disconnect the wire.

(my dad is very selfish)-but at least my computer works!

I should be able to work something out.

the hatch is going to be painted this weekend or next week.

My friend who is painting the hatch told me he has some sort of computer that scans the object to get a perfect match.

I was going to give him the hatch to take to work.
BUT
I though of something even better!!

do you all remember how I said the hatch really didnt match the boat?

well.... I thought about it and I would be able to get a perfect match if I gave him the BATTERY cover for the back seat!!!!!

I wouldnt have to worry about it raining with out the hatch either!

swift thinking ehh? :rolleyes: :D

PaulO
09-12-2001, 04:29 PM
swift thinking!

marcdups
09-12-2001, 07:22 PM
Sky, just do what you are going to do anyways, cause I probably would, and maybe we will all learn something, see that you can now post pics, we'll wait for the outcome!!

Towel Boy !!

I want a two legged scoop, HELP !!! not an Ostrich though :D :eek: :D

oldLenny
09-12-2001, 08:01 PM

oldLenny
09-12-2001, 08:04 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/broques_Donzi.jpg

Here is a picture.

WOW!!! "Flood Control", Wild!, what is that?. (Nevermind, I just learned) Scot, I think it would be nice if we could access "Our" own photo profiles and management in order to "release" this site of stuff that is no longer required and posts that are no longer "that relevant". It takes up your resources needlessly and surely we "must" have a signature that can point us in the right direction. I can't find anything here to do this and give you a half dozen "MEG" back. I read "instructions" but I think I'm too stupid to figure it out... :(

Also WOOOWWWWWWW!!!!! finally a delete post box. EXCELLENT. It allows for my backpedalling and adverts "provoked" opinions on the site after a BAD one has been posted, especially by ME recently on more than a few occasions. I thank the harbourmaster for "fixing" a few of these on my behalf. This should avert any future "grinding" that NEVER existed (maybe remote) before with the Older Web Site Style. Anyone, especially ME!!! please keep it at your disposal at all times.

We don't need to " fight" here. There is ENOUGH despair and violence out there already. Happy boating, again, when the time is right and we all feel better...

Good One Scot!!!

Gearhead99
09-12-2001, 08:23 PM
Nice Boat....Are you hanging on to it, for dear life?? Where was the pic taken??

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 09:07 PM
Nice pic len whered you get that?

hey can you all notice that the carb is sticking out of moody blu's hatch?

cool!

I sure as hell cant decipher what len is trying to say. I'm glad you can see the carb though.
can someone help me decipher what len is saying?

oldLenny
09-12-2001, 09:41 PM
I am referring to MY posts and links to MY pictures that I have "sent" to the harbourmasters web-site. Some don't need to be there anymore and I, unfortunately, "cut and pasted" some stuff, that does NOT have an "LGreen ###" signature. And regardless, some of this stuff is no longer needed. There have been other follow-ups more precise and with better graphics that tell the stories better. I would like to be able to "delete" stuff from my own Photo-upload profile...

The "flood control" is a site protection feature that is part of this software. I saw if for the first time just now because for some reason I was able to navigate my way across the keyboard and edit/re-post a few graphics in a hurry!
(rare occurence) :rolleyes:

The Edit/Delete post option was available on the old website format. I think it is by far better to give people a second chance to re-think and either re-post a response or delete it altogether than it is to say only allow them to go back and edit/modify the words spoken and create jiberish, missing responses and incomplete sentences. As it was, the only way to "DELETE" a post either started or replied to was through an e-mail to the Harbourmaster and his ackowledgement. This puts the power back into the hands of those who wrote it and an opportunity to re-vamp a written word or, if you were the topic starter, delete the post entirely. It has saved me in the past, I have modified initial verbal "offerings" many times and as such, not created as many "bad feelings" as I might have otherwise, without thinking. ME,ME,ME, yes I have done this before...I like the feature, especially when I look at it in print and think again...

SKYBLUE, The "picture" above is available on this website. Do a Search on "skyblue" and go through your posts in the last 43 days and then the related ones with your name in them. It was somewhere there in the pile.

None of the comments by me above have anything to do with you Skyblu, as a person or in regards to anything that you have said. The "only" thing above that is about you is the picture.

My apologies if you thought any of this was negative and about or directed towards you. It is NOT.

These are the things and features, with regards to this website, as they apply to ME.

harbormaster
09-12-2001, 09:51 PM
Sorry LEN,
All pictures stay in the photo archive.

harbormaster
09-12-2001, 09:57 PM
Lenny my boy.
Don't you think that it would be wise to choose your words more carefully before posting for all the world to see?

And by the way for all you Whiners out there.
(nudge nudge wink wink) the ability to delete your posts has been there all the time. Just read the instructions. Just beware if you delete your post which is the first post of say 30 response thread, you delete everyone elses post too. If you will post without thinking, should you be given the power to delete also without thinking???

Think about it.

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 10:15 PM
cool, no apology needed len.
I think you smoked to much when you posted that though. :D
or maybe I was the one that was on a plateau(spell?)

marcdups
09-12-2001, 10:43 PM
Sky, I would now looking at your boat with carb sticking through cowl place it in forward position so you can boooooooost you engine horsepower with what ever you have in hand, i.e, beer, rum, vodka, ether, nitrous or a nice gob of bile, LOL

Towel Boy !!

I am not lending you MY towel :D :D

Moody Blu'
09-14-2001, 02:02 AM
Well, I ran a line from my computer to the phone line and here I am!

most of the photos were taken by my girlfriend.
Please undertand I took pictures of these pictures with my web cam.In order to scan them into my comp,they arent that clear but what the heck!

I used adobe to compile the pics.

check them gauges out!!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/boatpics.jpg
the hatch should be painted next week, stay tuned!

Blewbyu
09-14-2001, 11:07 PM
Yer foredeck is a helluva lot more attractive than your fantail. :D :D :D