PDA

View Full Version : Been Away

PaulO
09-05-2001, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, been away for a little bit. So, what's been happening? Is Gene working? How fast has Geoo gone? How did Grizzly's blower motor turn out? Did Frank install his hydraulic steering? Did Len FINALLY buy a boat? Update me!!
PaulO

P.S Geoo, how is fatherhood treating you?

EricG
09-05-2001, 06:23 PM
Paul,

The real question is, since you are no longer a Donzi or Cigarette owner, what have you been playing with this summer? If I recall, you were doing some boat soul searching....did you find the answer? ;)

Anyway, welcome back!!

EG

oldLenny
09-05-2001, 07:46 PM
Paulo,...no,...but I have looked at about a dozen dead ends, seen as many Clones, missed a couple of real ones, (by millimeters, :rolleyes: mxroadster was front tackle on that one and then I had a "BAD TRIP" on one for 2500 miles :rolleyes: )but hey! I am still smiling and healthy, so life is good! :) Welcome back.

GEOO
09-05-2001, 09:24 PM
Paul,
Let's go for a ride!! I can pick you up in Port Jeff after work one day. Did you sell the Cig? What's going on??? Are you going to Lake George this weekend? Chris is drive up to Lake George with me and X-18. GEOO

PaulO
09-06-2001, 09:38 AM
I did sell the cigarette. Can't tell you yet what I've got in the driveway now. You guys will think I am a traitor!! Geoo, I would love to take that ride. Glad the boat is running well. I will call you. As much as I would really love to get up to Lake George this weekend, it does not seem likely. Too many house projects I have put off in favor of boating this summer. Also, as much as my wife would have no problem with it, I feel bad leaving her over the weekend with 2 little kids. We are planning now for the spring dust-off next year. We will probably be up there for a week or more. Maybe we should plan a longer get togther. Geoo, you could bring the whole family for the week too!
Nothing from Gene?
PaulO

GeneD
09-06-2001, 09:49 AM
Here I am big fella!
My great job, I am saddened to say fell through.
They called me last week telling me that I took too long to take the drug screen and the offer of employment was retracted. I was told that the deadline for the screen was 24 hours after being given the paperwork. I was pretty uptight about that. They kept me at the HR office for about 2 hours after telling me that I had to come and fill out a missing section of my application, which would have taken 1 minute to fill out. I am working as a laborer with a vinyl installation company and was late for work. I went to work, broke the Corvette trailing arm bushings in a construction ditch. Took all weekend to fix, anyone ever do that repair? It is not fun. First time I ever did that repair on any Corvette I have ever owned.
Anyway, I went first thing Monday morning, took their damn drug screen, unaware of their double secret 24 hours policy. Of course, none of the paperwork said a damn thing about 24 hours, the wording was "...as soon as possible,"
Well, what can I say?
It would have interfered with my duties as Asst Crew Chief with the Zero Cavity Offshore Racing Team.
You know PaulO, I think you bought yourself a Scarab. If not, you better get on the keyboard and tell us!!!!!!
Scarabs aren't so bad...the Conseco Scarab just got 2nd place in the last race.

seano
09-06-2001, 10:15 AM
I know what Paul has in his driveway...but don't worry Paul, yer secret is safe with me, I'll email you with my swiss bank account numbers!!! :D :D :D

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up this summer...and I only saw Chris once...If you get out this way again, gimme a shout, we'll swing by Claudio's for a soda(you too Chris!).

PaulO
09-06-2001, 10:24 AM
Gene,
Great to hear from you! How is 007? I have done too many trailing arm bushings on those cars. Lousy task.
Seano, the season has not yet ended. How about we see if we can get Geoo, Chris, and Ralph together for a few hours. I would be happy to come out your way. Do you still have the 28? I need a ride in that before it moves on.
PaulO

CDMA
09-06-2001, 11:13 AM
I know too and the sad thing is for half the money it outruns little yellow in calm and rough water... :mad: :mad: :mad:

If it is faster than the 22 I am giving up boats... ;)

seano
09-06-2001, 11:54 AM
PaulO, sounds great...now' we'll have to convince GEOO to traverse the sound, it shouldn't take him too long in that little rocketship! and yup, I still have the Cig...I'm holding on to it for you! You can have a ride anytime you like...I owe Chris a ride too. Funny thing is, though unless it's a little rough out, that is one boring boat to ride in!

chris, good luck in school, and make sure you get out east again so we can all get together...this IS the best time of the year for east end boating!

GEOO
09-06-2001, 02:36 PM
SeanO, I would love to catch up with you guys in Greenport. Have to make sure it will stay calm all day. It's about 60 miles of open Long Island sound traveling. GEOO

PaulO
09-06-2001, 04:21 PM
Geoo,
That's less than a 40 minute ride for you!

BigGrizzly
09-06-2001, 07:36 PM
Paul, the motor worked great sorted out some handling problems thanke to Geoo, Brownie ams Precision Propellers. It has been in the low-mid 80's. I was using the Mad P for balast and Chief GPS watcher. Glad your back.

Randy

GeneD
09-07-2001, 09:01 AM
PaulO,
007 is sitting there at my shop gathering dust and jet fuel (we're right under the flight path of the airport).
I just haven't had the time or money to get my engine out of the machine shop. I can't seem to work long enough to save any money before I go off to the races. Gotta eat, you know?
I DID go for a boat ride last week, it took me and my bud a full hour to do 17 miles. I was dying of boredom. However...it was a boat ride, and well, guys without runnning Donzis can't be choosy!!!!

PaulO
09-07-2001, 02:52 PM
Griz,
Mid 80s!!! Excellent! Tell me more about the setup. Gene, I really missed some stuff. What is the engine in the shop for?
PaulO

GeneD
09-08-2001, 08:56 AM
Being without a job for so long, I decided that the engine I had in the Donzi just wasn't going as fast as I wanted...sold that to finance the 'new' engine (bad story and the last time I sell something over the internet) and bought an old HP engine. I had it bored out, decked and the crank cut.
My boss is going to lend me the money to get it out of the machine shop, and I just may pick it up today.
Short but to the point.
Still need a bunch of parts as I have no spares on some stuff. Fuel lines, ignition, brackets, ect.
But I am confident that when done, I will be King of the River once again...