PDA

View Full Version : Answers to Donzi Member of the Year thread

boxy
10-31-2002, 09:33 AM
I thought I would answer the questions posed on the other thread here to avoid hijacking it any further.

FrankC - the Molson Canadian that Melissa was drinking at the Poker Run is 5%, the beer they ship south of the border is probably somewhere between 3.2 and 4 %.

Mark Albers - yes we can vote, and unlike Floridians we can usually get it right the first time. :p

Q - 1812 and the 2002 Olympics ?
A - Canada 2 USA 0 :D :D

McGary911
10-31-2002, 11:29 AM
And the alcohol content of my favorite Molsen, which is XXX is..........(ill leave it to a Canadian to provide the answer)...

JP BRESCIA
10-31-2002, 11:40 AM
Can you guy's answer this one. How much higher is the THC content of Canadian buds vs. what you guys smuggle down to us. :D :p

boxy
10-31-2002, 12:59 PM
I just got of the phone with Molson Rep Walleye, and here are answers....
1) Molson XXX is 8.2% alcohol by volume.
2) Molson Canadian available for sale in the green bottle is the same as the stuff in the brown bottle up here, 5%, the reason it tastes different is that the green bottle makes it skunky.
3) THC, I know nothing, except that bud is now Manitoba's largest cash crop.

Shanghied Again
10-31-2002, 08:15 PM
My Wife found the good stuff at Sams Club it has 5% alcohol and she wanted me to ask you if thats it!! She is dancing a Canadian dance eek! eek! Boxy you just made her day!

mattyboy
10-31-2002, 08:38 PM
ok now here is something I know alot about

BEER

most US domestic beer is about 2.5 to 3.5% once you go to an ice brewed beer some water is removed as ice and it raises the beer to 5% or higher this is beer's answer to smirnoff ice or
hard tea. But some of the heavier beers or porters are actually lowewr than 2% like guiness.
Guiness is extremely healthy for it's carb and proteins, and in Ireland is given to race horses as a dietary supplement.
which brings up the new beer Michelob ultra low carb beer?? a true fat free light beer extremely light and not filling.
Not to offend my Canadian brothers but I don't have a taste for Molson,I enjoy darker more robust beers,
UNLESS YOUR BUYING!!! wink :D

Strange brew EHHH!!!!

Matt
I'm only here for the beer!

oldLenny
11-01-2002, 12:28 AM
Pretty hard to "offend" any of us here. We have been "beaten down and abused soooo much" (Federal and Provincial,) we now have some pretty thick skins :p and we enjoy our neighbours soo much that 'stain just wouldn't cut through it.

but, you guys can not brew a decent beer, anytime, anywhere,...

period

How you went to the moon, decided wars and still conjure up that stuff and sell it boggles my mind.

No, we don't have any(many) Donzi's here, but we can do this and a couple other things right. :D

...kidding wit chew...but not about the beer...

roadtrip se
11-01-2002, 09:40 AM
Lenny,

You sure seemed to fill your glass quite a few times with my local favorite, Shiner Bock, during our first annual Texas Round Up!

Agree with you about the stuff that comes out of most of the major players, but there are plenty of micro breweries here. Ask Baxter about Fat Tire some time.

The individuals who thought up Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Coors Light, and anything else with Lite on it should be forced to drink the stuff!

Todd

Thinking about how to keep the Canadians away from the kegger next year... Impossible!

oldLenny
11-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Todd, I'll admit, the Shiner Bock was quite good.(great) But really,...I just liked the look of your fridge. wink

It is so hard to go a store/gas station and buy anything that you can actually swallow anywhere in the USA. Everything is represented almost everywhere up here and I rarely see people buying "that kind of stuff". For the record, (my way of thinking) "Molson Canadian" is not a good tasting beer. It is simply Canadian. Big brewery. Small ones, independants, make wonderful stuff.

Now, if we (up here) could make a damn bar-b-que like the ones you guys use, (Texas) that would be something. I spent about a half hour going through all the ones at "PK's" General Store. $800 US gets me a real "nize" one. Next year one is coming home with me in whatever I drive that time...I really miss that "kind" of cooking.

Formula Jr
11-04-2002, 10:10 PM
Lenny, when you do finally get your ass down here for a stay over and pick up the 16 interior, I'll personally show you the Oregon Micros that are right up there with anything hosers can make. Including my own stuff. :D