PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle BAD, Donzi GOOD

Lineleader
01-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Forgive me brothers (and sisters) for I have sinned. I was active on these boards until about 18 months ago when I was severely bitten by the motorcycle bug. It all came to crashing end (pun intended) one fine morning when a car came into my lane, and, well, you know what happened next.....The doc told me he quit counting fractures at 25 in the tib-fib area of my lower leg. I've been out now 7 weeks and have another 5 or so to go.

The good news is that I sold my motorcycle but never did I let the '75 GT 21 go. That bad girl was waiting for me to get back my good senses. I have lots of new questions to ask and have been excited to see the new added features (and clubs SEADOGS!) on the board. I met many of you in the first Donzi meet at Orlando Universal Studios.

Anyway, the first Q that comes to mind is "If the gas in the tank has been there for the last 18 months or so, do you think I could add a stabilizer or something and still burn it?" If not, where could I dump so much fuel, will a marina pump it out and dispose of it properly?

Sorry for the long start up, but will you guys welcome back in if I promise not to stray to far again? Besides, it's hard to go very far in a wheelchair! (at least for another month or so)

LL

BigGrizzly
01-02-2002, 10:56 PM
It is too late for stabiliser. If uour motor is less then 10:1 compression and you have only about 10 gallons in it just pot in som high octain race fuel like 106 rating that will fix most of it. I f you have a full tank drain it and use it in lawn mowers. I figure you won't be able to get to it untill February or March anyway. Glad your back, don't hate bikes it was the DUMB driver that bit you not the bike. I owe my life style to motorcycles. They have tought me alot about life and engines.

Randy

Moody Blu'
01-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Can I get a amen big grizzly?