PDA

View Full Version : ALEXANDRIA BAY(1000 isles)

Hardonzi
12-31-2001, 10:50 AM
Anyone been here? If so, where did u stay and would u stay again..Thinking of going up in the summer.So many mom & pop hotels..Do not want fish camps.Some place were performance boaters are welcomed.
;)

Shanghied Again
12-31-2001, 03:50 PM
We stayed in Gananoque Ontario , We did the 1000 Islands Poker Run we stayed at Quality Inn and yes we are doing it next year! Except we are taking our Donzi with us, Last year we ran on a 38 Cigarette, Becareful of the rocks in the water and stay in the Channels.

FASTEDDIE
12-31-2001, 03:57 PM
The August Poker Run is one of the largest turnouts of powerboats in the country and should be a lot of fun. Call the local Donzi dealer for tips on where to stay and when to come.Call Aquamania and ask for Richard Meola @ 1-800-439-43286. Happy New Year!!!

roadtrip se
01-01-2002, 02:31 PM
We've run in a couple of the 1000 Island Poker Runs too. Beautiful place, great people, and neat little towns. We stayed at the Bonnie Castle in Alexandria on the NY side. Great waterfront area with lots of reatraunts and watering holes. The poker run is a fantastic display of offshore machinery from all over North America. Worth watching as a spectator and even better as a participant. Plan a trip!

Todd

boxy
01-01-2002, 08:20 PM
HD, check out abay (http://www.alexbay.org)
You'll find everything from small dock side hotels to 5 star luxury resorts.
When you come up here I'll meet you at the Islander, home of the famous 1000 Islands Power Hour, every night from 8:00 - 9:00 everyone drinks for free.
If you want some local info drop me a line.
Take care.

blackwidow
01-03-2002, 03:23 PM
There are lots of great places to stay in Gananoque or in the Bay. We live just outside of Gananoque, so this Poker Run is a way of life.....we used to go and watch the boats in our 18ft Larson, now we're in our 30ft Donzi!
Chris and I would love to meet up with some of you!
We'll have to make some plans closer to the summer!

BW

Hardonzi
01-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Still ck`ing with Frankie C outa NY on my agenda.No dates yet,waiting to see the vac. list for the wife at work.