PDA

View Full Version : 18's Wiring??

GEOO
01-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Were do most people or new 18's have there fuse box or switches?
How do you fuse K-planes or other large tab pumps?
Need some cleaver idea's.
Thanks.

Scott Pearson
01-30-2003, 03:22 PM
George,
I put my fuse box under the dash/deck. It worked out great. No water gets to it. I run my tab control right off the fuse block.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/spearwire01.jpg

(NJ)Scott

Jamesbon
01-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Just an idea for ya. I plan to run a pair of 2 or 4 guage positive and negative wires from the battery banks to a pair of distribution blocks under the dash near all the guages and switches. The I can run amps or any other high current drawing accessories directly from those hot and cold blocks.

Hope that helps...

Ralph Savarese
01-30-2003, 05:42 PM
I would defenitly fuse it .
And also set up with relays due to high current .
If you use relays you can run smaller wires and smaller switches

Ed Donnelly
01-30-2003, 05:45 PM
K planes have 20 amp online fuses as part of the assemble, you only have to fuse the solenoid wires...Ed

BigGrizzly
01-30-2003, 09:15 PM
My pumps have a fuse under the dash and circuit breakers on the pumps. the dash is lite because it the solonid draws less. the 30 amp circuit breakers on the pumps are for the heavy loads

Donzi Blackhawk
01-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Guys,

Be careful on what you do and do not fuse!
K-planes MUST have a fuse to protect the pump, AND a fuse to protect the dash mounted switches.

My Blackhawk uses a forty amp breaker for each pump, and a 20 amp fuse for each switch.

Bryant

GEOO
01-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Hum,
Thanks...

Under Dash:
I had single fuses ( something like Scott's) for lights, blower, bilge pump, depth finder; but was thinking of mounting a waterproof fuse panel with switches, but can't figure out were to put it.

Trim Pumps:
Where would you put the main fuse or breaker(the large one which feeds the motor) for the trim pump. If you mount it at the pump, then a short from the battery to the fuse would start a fire, if you mount it at the battery were do you install it? or them ? one for each pump?

Thanks for all your input!!!!

Barry Phillips
02-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Geoo, on my 18 it's on the right side bhind the helm, attached to under-side the deck.

SO-SLO