PDA

View Full Version : Broken Trailer

Dr. Dan
07-24-2001, 08:29 PM
:( OK, I'm going to try this again, discovered two broken crossmembers on our tailer this weekend,have made repair arrangements, but I wanted some opinions from the Donzi Dynasty Veterans! The trailer was made by "Marine Trailers Inc." out of Buford, Ga It's shown in my registry photos. The majority of the rest of the frame appears rock solid, no rust, should I shop for a new tow toy? Or rebuild this one? This one is nice because the 22 Classic sits low, with the tires being outside of the boats sides,and it tracks great going down the highway! Thanks in advance...
Stranded in my Driveway way North of Cuba...Doc

RickR
07-25-2001, 04:12 PM
Dr Dan
I agree with madpoodle, aluminum is the only way to go.

I've had both wide (Performance galvanized, leaf springs, bias ply tires) and narrow (Rolls aluminum, Rolls suspension, radials) for my 22.

The both track the same over the road. I live in the mountains and the narrow Rolls is much better on our curvy, narrow roads :eek: but the wider fenders on the Performance made it much easier to get in and out of the Donzi.

Rolls Post (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001948)
BTW: The stern pic looks odd due to the short lense.