PDA

View Full Version : Z-series

fobes
12-30-2001, 09:50 AM
Looking for info from any owners of Z-Series Donzis. Friend of mine used to have a Z-29 bought it brand new back in 86 or 87 I think. Boat was outstanding in rough water and was a real looker. I had a Minx but like the Z-series because they all have some sort of useable cabin.Thanks, happy new year, Fobes.

EricG
12-30-2001, 10:08 AM
See Owen's post about "request for all donzi list info" - that's my definitive work on the Z series....I guess I'm obsessed with these things. I have Z21 that I love, but with the small block, I'm certainly not going to win a lot of races. The only thing I'd change about my boat would be more power and a bravo (wouldn't we all). I can't recommend the Z's enough, the're a great boat for someone looking for the mystique with a little more practicality than the classics. Good luck with the hunt!

EG

SS18
12-30-2001, 11:09 AM
Fobes;
Go to www.thesaltydog.com (http://www.thesaltydog.com) donzis in NJ.
There are two Z's one says call for price
I think he told me 16 or 17k make offer.

Good luck;
Jim in NJ.

Wintersux 1
12-31-2001, 02:12 PM
I have a 22z, 88 model, 7.4 and bravo1. I like the boat, but I boat with very few guests. Cabin is a crawl in, but usable. If you want to use the cuddy much, get at least a 25. Red headed stepchild of the Donzi family, but I like it.

Wintersux

fobes
12-31-2001, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I really like the style of the Z-seriesand you seem to get more boat than the classics. Hey eric, I spoke to you online before and if I remember you were looking for a Z-29, any luck? Have a good New Year, I got to go get started on some brewski's, stay in touch.

EricG
01-01-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm still in the "planning" stages of a Z29 -I'm definitely moving that direction, but due to a slight plumbing problem in the condo (complete re-plumb...) my finances took a step backwards this winter. Looks like I'm gonna enjoy the Z21 for one more year... :p

EG

GIXXER
01-02-2002, 10:04 PM
i bought a z33 last year. i have owned many boats over the year but this one is a keeper. it has a cabin that one can actually use and with a generator option it makes a great weekender. best of luck.