PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lanier on Sunday????

olemissalum
01-28-2003, 03:52 PM
supposed to be sunny and 58 on Sunday, have not had the new toy in the water yet. Think I am going to give it a shot. Anybody else up for it??

Tomahawk
01-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Jim - Randy can't play yet - doctor's orders. Bad Tat is awaiting some custom external steering parts. We need a plan. Every one can eat! Maybe meet for breakfast. Where you going to launch? I'm on Balus Creek. Other's are on the HWY 400 side. Nuckin Futz is on Young Deer Creek.

olemissalum
01-28-2003, 10:44 PM
I have never been on Lanier before so not sure. I am going to get a map tomorrow. I would guess we would not get out there until around 1 pm to let it get a little warm and then depending on how cold it is riding. Will be launching at either Mary Alice or Baldridge, would be nice to dock up somewhere and eat a late lunch. Thanks

Bad-Tat
01-29-2003, 06:52 AM
Jim,
Baldridge or Mary Alice are about a mile from my House. Those will be a long cool run up to Tom's house. He is up by Browns Bridge. Dock and all. Balus might be a better place to launch. Not many places open to eat at this time of year on the lake.

mikev
01-29-2003, 10:05 PM
If it wasnt such a pain to unwinterize and re winterize my boat id meet you i am right young deer.

olemissalum
01-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Oh come on, now supposed to reach 60 on Sunday :D yippie

BigGrizzly
01-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Can't ride unytill May but I acn eat untill May

Tomahawk
01-31-2003, 05:28 AM
Jim - as Bill said, the on-the-water eats are a little hard to come by this time of year. Best bet would be the Renaissance Pine Isle. Good dock, nice restaurant. Holiday Marina has a restaurant too and is a little more "rustic." Then there is Aqualand Marina that has giant hamburgers and you eat outside in the parking lot - not bad really. Gainesville Marina has a little restaurant with about 3 things on the menu and is open only on the whim of Capt Bob.
Get a lake map and see if you can find Balus Creek and my place. Near the boat ramp and look for "Tom's Live Bait and Sushi Shop." wink

Thinking about putting the block drains back in!

olemissalum
01-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Tomahawk, we are still planning on going Sunday. Launching at Mary Alice, going to get a map of lake tomorrow morning. Depending on how cold we are may try to find your place. If you see a red and white 26Zx pull up, then you will know it is us. 61 degrees on Sunday!!!!

Tomahawk
01-31-2003, 10:18 PM
Ole Miss - sent you an E-mail. Greg, Mike, Skip, Marc, Joe - any you guys going to fire up?

olemissalum
01-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Tomahawk, just got the e-mail. Will probably try to find your "sushi bar" on Sunday. wink
thanks for the invite.

nuck'in futs
02-01-2003, 08:18 AM
And I thought I was nuts!
I actually would like to attend but my boat is still in the basement. Was thinking about getting it out early in March. It's a big deal to get out because the windshield has to come off
to fit through the door.
Olemis, I would be out there too if I just bought it. The day I bought mine it was 28 degrees out and we pulled it through snow to get to the ramp. Had to check it out before I bought it.
Greg

Tomahawk
02-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Nuckster - you have a 28' Z boat in your basement!? Good grief. Get it out in time for the Boats, Burgers and Beer AOTH Warmup. Got a trailer yet?

nuck'in futs
02-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey Tomahawk! Yeah, I have had the trailer but not a tow vehicle that I would be comfortable with on a long haul.
So, Are you going out tomorrow?
I may go out for a while in another boat out of Baldridge.
Greg

Tomahawk
02-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Greg - latest forecast is for 64 on Sunday. Put the block drains back in this afternoon. Going to try to meet Ole Miss around Mary Alice between noon and 1:00. Maybe I'll see guys in the area - or drop by my dock later.

olemissalum
02-02-2003, 08:07 AM
Tomahawk, sounds like a plan. Leaving the south side about 11, so should be launching by noon, barring any traffic. See ya there