PDA

View Full Version : Info and manuals on '95 -18

Sagbay32
07-24-2001, 06:57 PM
Just picked up my first Donzi. It is a '95 classic 18 and I would like some manuals on her. I got the "Red" owners manual which tells generic info at best. I do have the install guides for both the Quick silver controls as well as the install manual for the Alpha. I have lots of questions about her. For instance, What are the little rubber plugs for under all the swithches on the dash? Are they fuses or ? My horn does not work. Where is it located and how about Troulble shooting? Also my lanyard is missing on my kill switch and I want to get a new one?
If there are any books available I would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again for walking me through my first Donzi purchase. The info I recieved here sure helped.

Sagbay32
07-24-2001, 09:37 PM
C'mon somebody has to have some info?

Mike with New boat jitters in White Lake

CrackerJack
07-25-2001, 06:44 AM
Know how you feel, made my first purchase
6 months ago. I purchased mercruiser shop
manuals for information on the engine and
drive. You can get these on the net or at some marine boating stores. I prefer the
clymer over the seloc. There is also good
information at the Mercruiser web site.
I have the wiring diagram for the 16'thru 22'
send me you e-mail, fax or address and I will
send you a copy. Boaters World has a web site
and stores that sell the Mercruiser manuals.
The little rubber things are circuit breakers
as for the horn, the best I know is start at
the horn and trace the wiring. Probably a
poor contact or connection at horn or switch.
Hope this is some help. Be patient, there
is a wealth of knowledge here. Another Rookie, Jack.(e-mail jetbert@aol.com)

RickR
07-25-2001, 01:39 PM
Congratulations! :D

I agree with jkeefe the Clymer is better than Seloc.
Merc also sells their own shop manual through their publications division.

Rubber plugs are probably circut breakers.

I doubt you even have a horn :rolleyes:. I replaced the intermitant horn button with an auxilary switch and erased the horn logo.

If the plastic loop is still on the kill switch you can make your own lanyard out of some good quality 3/16 or 1/4 line.
Dealer should have the plastic loop available if it is missing.

Sagbay32
07-25-2001, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I will have to get the plastic clip since it is missing as well. The only problem is the closest Dealer is about 3.5 hrs away (I bought the boat from a broker).

Thanks again

RickR
07-25-2001, 04:18 PM
Try www.dougrussell.com (http://www.dougrussell.com) for Merc parts and microfische.