PDA

View Full Version : Corsa solenoid sticks?

Kikwear
01-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Sometimes when I activate the exhaust to thru hull, the solenoid sticks on one side, the other or both. As long as the switch is energized, I can pop the hatch and move them and they stay. Obviously, I'd like them to open on their own like they're supposed to do. Any ideas?

Jerry Eisele
01-27-2003, 04:37 AM
Contact Jim Browning at Corsa @1/800/486/0999

2biguns
01-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Mine did the exact same thing your are describing. I replaced the solenoid and it worked perfectly. Then, of course, one on the other engine died.

It's a simple fix that only takes 5 minutes. If yours are not very old, Corsa has a very good warranty.

Call the # above. They are great people to work with, even for techno morons like me!.

MOP
02-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Some times upping the wire size fixes the problem. Try energizing direct from battery if they work consistantly up the wire size or install a solinoid aft with heavy wire simlar to starter circuts.

MOP
02-04-2003, 06:49 PM
Mentioned Prob to one of my guys he said screw buying the expensive solinoids. Hunt down the old style Chevy pull solinoids from the starters, they last forever and are cheap. I had them on one of my custom cars years back to open the doors after I shaved all the hardware off, he is right I used them for about 10 years and sold the car with them still working great!

BUIZILLA
02-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Poodle, SynchroStart makes the solenoid your looking for. In fact, they make a TON of solenoids....

How would I know you say?, welp, I checked my own Parts Dept. :p

The BEST one for the job, would be the one used on the Dodge/Ford/Cummins 6BT and 6CT truck engines wink adjustable heim-joint ball end, constant load, weatherpack connector, 12volt. I can sell these at a pretty darn good price if anyone is interested.

Jim

BUIZILLA
02-05-2003, 09:16 PM
That looks like a Trombetta with a square bellows.

J

Paul Storti
02-06-2003, 05:07 PM
mine did that also, I had the solenoid replaced under warranty and it kept doing it then I spent five minutes adjusting the threaded end and its worked fine for two years.

bgagne
02-07-2003, 08:50 AM
I had trouble with mine and called Corsa. They were very helpful. It was a simple matter of the adjusters being set up improperly. The lock nuts were tightened against the wrong thing. The original owner told me that they never worked and after 3 minutes of adjusting, they work great.