PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust help for registry member

harbormaster
01-26-2003, 01:28 PM
I received this email from a member who was having trouble posting his question so I am posting it for him.

Scot,I was inquiring about how to go - about cutting holes in the hull for "Thru-hulls",I really want put an exhaust on this spring.Can you help me at all w/ this (do's/dont's,hints,guidance).I'm interested in Manifold's,Riser's, and Tip's.I have a 350c.i. small block.One question I have is,can you run like "Super Trapp" muffler for a tip/extension?They are completly round 3"- 4" and come in a variety of lenghts,plenty long enough to go through the hull. I beleive they will be up far enough so water can't re-enter, I rack & launch, the boat doesn't sit in the water (flaps).The boat is a 25 ' Regazza and I live/boat on the Great Lakes (Erie/St.Clair) I intend on putting the exhaust through rite underneath the swim platform ,in the center,over top the out-drive.Is this O.K.? Help would be much appreciated! Thanx, Blazer

Ed Donnelly
01-26-2003, 09:59 PM
If you are referring to the obsolete marine slip ons, you need a slight downslope on the pipes and at least 6 discs per pipe. My buddy runs Supertrapps on his Scarab twin 350 supercharged and runs 8 discs, If you are referring to automotive trapps, you would have to remove all packing to overcome water splashing...Ed