PDA

View Full Version : Temperature question???? UPDATED

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-22-2002, 05:53 PM
The club ran down the coast today after a 20nm Bay crossing, boat ran AWESOME all day, "back to my theory that what I can do at 50 to 60 on GPS in the ocean most won't do" (single engine 24' to 30').... ROADTRIP you and Jill would have been lov'n life. Nice rollers....

Damn I love my Donzi! :)

OK, flushed at the house and the Temp gauge is going from 110 to 170 and back and forth, back and forth etc, fairly quickly at that, normally T-stats stick OPEN or CLOSED, or Partial and the Gauge is steady!
???????????????

Any idea's?
I am just going to pull the stat and test it on the stove.
Bryan

Rootsy
09-22-2002, 05:58 PM
actually brian, i've had this same problem running on the hose. Basically my little Gen II water pump can outsuck what the well pump can deliver in a matter of minutes. it's all about volume! hard on impellers too frown

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-22-2002, 07:02 PM
A friend in the club stopped by, he has been down the same road, said the Low Water pick/flush wasn't on good.
I will test it again tomorrow.

I hope all is well with you Jamie, what is your latest project?
See ya soon.
Bryan

BigGrizzly
09-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Jami is correct, and so are you. It all has to do with warer supply and no load on the engine which causes the t-stat to do the dance I have a direct flush which is a hose directly into my water pump and it takes abour 15 min. to stabilize at idle.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Crack in the SALT AWAY container for the hose, sucking air....
Impellor still like new...

FIXED!
Bryan