PDA

View Full Version : Headed south soon/ 22 update

CDMA
12-25-2001, 12:33 AM
Everyone,

Right after new years I am off to New Orleans for my 2 month internship. I am really excited to get away from the cold for awile. I also am going to be lucky enough to stay with Rick R on the way down and with some luck maybe even meet up with the Harbormaster and riverrat. Anyone else within a few hours of New Orleans let me know maybe we will meet up. I will be away from the board so I hope everyone has a great couple months and I am sure I will have plenty of stories when I get back. Heck 350 feet and 20,000hp should be cool. :eek: Hey if you guys want I will take pictures and mail them to someone if they will post them. I also have some pictures of the 22 to get posted but I don't have a scanner a home.

The 22 is really coming together. All the glass work in the engine compartment is done and is is all smoothed and painted, my box stringers are done, all the body work, primer, primer, and more primer. It has been a cool project so far. The floor and the dash were real challenges but they seem to be looking great. I just got the extension box from Arneson industries and it is absolutely gorgeous. What a piece of work. The only bad part is the oil sump on the Cyberborg dry sump tranny is too wide for the box so that had to be shipped back to FL in favor of a modified semi-drysump unit. Oh well. All the pieces are together now I belive. The Arneson, extension box, tranny, all the steering, support hardware for the arneson, the blower, k planes, rolls trailer on order, new upolstry...when I say I am broke I mean I am BROKE
:( I am very lucky my internship company covers travel costs. The boat is just about ready for paint and on Wed we are off to visit the paint god ( Mr. Pearson) who is being gracious enough to take care of the paint work. It will be the standard red and white with a red pearl coat on the deck. Then Thursday I am off to MD to get my new 454. ( Dr Dan you going to be around???) I have to get down there really early because we are setting up the engine with the blower on the dyno to tune it. We made a few little changes in hopes of pulling 600+hp with 5 lbs of boost. I will make sure I take pictures.

Well I will be around for a week or so more but best of luck to all and I hope you all have a great new year.

Chris

Your mom will get annoyed if you prime your boat ( time #3) at 11 pm on Christmas eve....

RickR
12-25-2001, 08:20 AM
Looking forward to next Wed. Bring your pics and I'll post them.
Will you get to fish around the rigs? I want some fresh King Mackeral on your way back to NY. :D

Woodsy
12-26-2001, 08:08 AM
Chris...

You are going to be in New Orleans for 2 months??? Hmmm... that puts your stay right into Mardi Gras... Make sure to take some time and check it out. New Orleans is my favorite place to cut loose and play... Of course, there was the time I slept on a park bench in front of the Farmer's Market...

Woodsy :D

PS: I cannot wait to see the 22...