PDA

View Full Version : E-mail Speed

Barry Phillips
01-24-2003, 03:47 PM
I recently read in Power Boat, that the Fox Nerwork aquired Speed Vision, the reason it is now currently called Speed Channel. Unfortunately Fox has cut a lot of boating television from the line up, including Ship Shape TV and the night time coverage of APA offshore. I can only take so much auto racing. I guess they don't think us speed merchants might not be interested in both.

SO-SLO

Marlin275
01-24-2003, 04:17 PM
I just got that channel 3 weeks ago.
Start an E-mail petition and bombard to protest?

McGary911
01-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah, i remember reading that about a year ago. I just hope it doesnt turn into all NASCAR channel. Nothing against NASCAR, but its not my thing, and FOX is famous for riding what is most popular at the moment.
Crazy thing is, is that i've been dying to get speedvision for 5 years now, as my cable company didnt offer it. Well I finally got it exactly 5 days ago!! I hope its not going down hill, and i missed the best of it......

Marlin275
02-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Barry,
Ship-Shape is on Speed Channel at 7 or 7:30 AM Saturday morning. Saw it today, dual battery hook-up and sound transponder kits that keep barnacles off the bottom of the boat instead of bottom paint.

MOP
02-22-2003, 10:01 PM
I sent them a half ass dissertation about the millions of boaters out there and the market that they were neglecting. Hope everyone hits them a time or two cistineb