PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cedibility

donzi3
01-22-2003, 09:06 AM
I have a questions concerning Bilt-Rite Upholsteres. I am looking at having them redo my interior and I was wondering if anyone has used them and could provide feedback on their workmanship and quality. I have spoke with them and they seem very capable but I would just really like some to hear from someone who has used them or knows someone who has used them. THANKS

boxy
01-22-2003, 09:49 AM
They were the OEM supplier of interiors for your era of Donzi, and they are a Donzi.net "recommended supplier".
If you need any more info there is a wealth of info available through the search function.
Good luck, from what I've read their quality is un-matched.

donzi3
01-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Thank you very much....Sorry to trouble you with it..I just like hearing from people with actual experience on it. Thanks again.

boxy
01-22-2003, 11:52 AM
No trouble, check out clayman's resto. He's got a new full interior. :D

Murphy
01-22-2003, 12:43 PM
I replaced the entire interior on my 86 Classic 22' with their work. The quality of workmanship is top shelf. If doing it again, I would inquire about the foam used in the seats to see if they can upgrade to a firmer quality. I replaced the foam in the backseat with a firmer closed-cell foam and have found that in addition to offering a better ride, it is more stable to step or stand on. I'll do my front seats that way this summer. The other benefit of closed cell foam is it absorbs "0" water. If I had one complaint about the original Bilt-Rite job is is that they only wrap the foam in a thin layer of plastic. Once that foam gets wet you have to take the cushion apart to avoid mildew.

Murph

Scott Pearson
01-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Bilt Rite has done all my interior work. In fact I will be getting the interior for my Bench Seat Hornet this week. Bob should have sent it out Tuesday. Cant wait....to bad the boat isnt even close to being finished.

(NJ)Scott