PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coat help

Murphy
01-20-2003, 09:55 PM
I need to have a swim platform ladder that is powder coated white recoated a new color. Anybody know if it can be done and if so a good source for this work?

Thanks,

Murph

boxy
01-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Murph, these guys are just down the road from me, they do great work, and it'll only cost "you" 50%. I have a warehouse in NY you could ship it to, and I could either ship it back to you, or bring it to the 1000 Islands meet.

rld powder-coating (http://www.rldindustries.com/)

Murphy
01-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Boxy,

That's a very generous offer and I accept.

I can ship it to you're warehouse and will include a money order to you for return shipping. If you want me to pay the company direct that's fine, or I can send you another check for the refinishing cost.

Let me know what I need to do. I can disassemble the ladder before shipping if it will help them out. I could also drop ship the ladder direct to them if it saves you trouble. Whatever works out best.

My email address is murphy4@mcleodusa.net

Thanks for the help.

Murph

harbormaster
01-22-2003, 06:24 AM
This is what this website is all about...
Thanks for your generous offer Boxy.
:D

boxy
01-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Murph, Brian at RLD is expecting your call. His number is 613-822-4000, we are on Eastern Standard Time. Once you've made arrangements with him, drop me a line, and I'll give you shipping details.

Murphy
01-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Boxy,

Spoke to Brian yesterday PM and it sounds like they can do the job. He indicated I could just ship direct to him, but if there's a benefit from shipping to you let me know. You mentioned something about a discount... not that I expect it, but if you have a connection, all the better. So if it helps to run it through your warehouse let me know. Also, I want to compensate you for any expense you may incur, so let me know that as we go too.

I'll need to run over to where I keep the boat this weekend and remove the ladder to prepare it for shipping. I'll wait to hear from you before doing anything.

Thanks again!

Murph

boxy
01-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Sounds good Murph, drop me a line and we'll figure out the best way to ship it.
The only discount I was talking about was his Canadian prices, and your American dollars :D :D .
I'd be interested his price quote to you (US guy), vs his price quote to me (Canadian guy) though.

harbormaster
01-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Mark Happy Birthday all over the box and you will get a break on the duty. :D

Ed Donnelly
01-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Scot,that doesn't seem to be working anymore Fast Eddie sent me a book marked GIFT and valued at $35.00 They charged me $7.41 Duty. Any gift under $40.00 has always been duty free.. The Canadian Government just found another way to line their pockets...Ed

boxy
01-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks to N.A.F.T.A. there are very few things anymore that are dutiable, the trees in Lenny's backyard being one of them, what you paid Ed was the GST, and PST on the Canadian value of the book.