PDA

View Full Version : Give me a break folks!

harbormaster
01-20-2003, 08:52 PM
I work entirely too hard on this site to look at it and see posts sending people to another website to see about hull cleaners or thunderboat Row history.

For petes sake. If you think people on this site would find the info interesting then post the information here.

Thanks for your understanding on this.

harbormaster
01-21-2003, 07:30 PM
ONCE AGAIN.

This is not a portal site. If you have something inportant that you think people need to know then post it here. This is not an OSO vrs Registry issue.

If it is a magazine article that is copywrited or a really ling article, then a link is warranted. Otherwise put it here. If OSO goes away or changes their software, then we would end up with a great post telling about this wonderful product. When it clicked on it is a dead link.

It is for this very reason that I have over SIX THOUSAND IMAGE FILES in the registry's file directory.

Here is a perfect example: www.photopoint.com (http://www.photopoint.com)
We had a bunch of great posts from folks with photos and links to photos in Photopoint. Photopoint is now gone and those are all dead links. What a waste!

This policy should be the same when you frequent OSO or other sites. do not link them to info here. Hell, copy the info and post it there giving credit to the person who said it.

Rich and Bryan i feel so strongly about this because there is a powerful search engine on this site that allows folks to search for info. It does not work when the info is elsewhere.

It all boils down to this...
It is better to tell someone the information than to tell them where to find the information.