PDA

View Full Version : NEW!! Edit your registry page.

harbormaster
01-18-2003, 01:39 PM
If you have registered your boat in the registry...

NOW you can edit your own boat info in your registry page. You will need to be registered to post on the Donzi boards and you must also have an email associated with your registry page that MATCHES your bulletin board email.

I will be adding the capability to add photos to your page in the near future. Try it out. See if it breaks...(I am probably going to eat these words)

To try it go to:
http://www.donzi.net/registry/editregpage.cfm

Greg Maier
01-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Scot,
A couple off errors that I got:

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

#form.lastname# is ""

Error near line 12, column 42.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error resolving parameter FORM.LASTNAME

The specified form field cannot be found. This problem is very likely due to the fact that you have misspelled the form field name.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFIF), occupying document position (12:21) to (12:48).

Date/Time: 01/18/03 13:47:06
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Q312461)
Remote Address: 68.83.85.14
HTTP Referer: http://www.donzi.net/registry/editregpage.cfm

#donziemails#

Error near line 89, column 20.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error resolving parameter DONZIEMAILS

ColdFusion was unable to determine the value of the parameter. This problem is very likely due to the fact that either:

You have misspelled the parameter name, or
You have not specified a QUERY attribute for a CFOUTPUT, CFMAIL, or CFTABLE tag.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (#donziemails#), occupying document position (89:19) to (89:31).

Date/Time: 01/18/03 13:47:59
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Q312461)
Remote Address: 68.83.85.14
HTTP Referer: http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006511

ZF-Mac
01-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Mine worked fine. I would like to update my Hull Number. I didn't know it when I registered. 16-450

thanks
tm

Tony
01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Mine also worked fine. Great job, Scott!

harbormaster
01-18-2003, 06:11 PM
I knew there would be some gliches.
I am troubleshooting what the problem is.
I need more people to try it and EMAIL me the following info so i can see where the problems is.
I will need to know your email address
and the name and password you used to login with.

Thanks for your help. We are almost there!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Scot, here are my results, I run Win XP home edition.

I login no problem, get to
http://www.donzi.net/registry/editregpage.cfm

and all I have is a SUBMIT button.

If I hit submit I get"

#form.lastname# is ""

Error near line 12, column 42.

Error resolving parameter FORM.LASTNAME

The specified form field cannot be found. This problem is very likely due to the fact that you have misspelled the form field name.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFIF), occupying document position (12:21) to (12:48).

Date/Time: 01/18/03 20:23:49
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Remote Address: 68.106.91.128

V/R Bryan

harbormaster
01-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Scott,

Did you know that you can get real internet access for half the price of AOL ?

It also eliminates all the quirks that happen when you use aol as your internet provider.

I DO KNOW that at least half of all my users come from aol but I still do not understand why people pay so much when there are all those quirks out there.

As for your problem scot, I do not know What the problem is. I will look into it as soon as I solve the current one

harbormaster
01-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Also the registry is working. Does it still not work for you?

harbormaster
01-18-2003, 10:01 PM
For all of you who are having problems...

How many of you have a space in your login name??

I need more of you to test it!

The plot thickens....

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-18-2003, 10:11 PM
My login is Bryan Tuvell, so I have a space.

Poodle, we bought our cable modem for $89 bucks, service for cancelled phone line was $23, we went hi speed cable for $35 a month.

Today we bought the LinkSys newest Wirless router, I have it working now on this PC, and we bought the LINKSYS PCMCIA card for Jessica's laptop, both total was $140 at Bestbuy, now we have everything running on one cable line in every room in the house.
Still configuring the Laptop.
It was TOO easy, insert CD and follow step by step, hooked this PC up in 5 minutes or less.
Bryan

Just did the Laptop, 10 minutes, we are now mobile.
I can Donzi Chat in front of the refrigerator now boys! :D

Greg K
01-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Space here in the log in name here...just checked and the registry page is coming up now for me.. :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-18-2003, 11:32 PM
POODLE, just for fun (not picking at ya) but why AOL?
We had it for years, the cost savings of an additional phone line $23 and $29 for AOL is worth an upgrade, and the cable speed is unbelieveable. Let alone 7 seperate email accounts and big FREE storage in the server site.
Now that I am networked, I did a reality test, I tried a HUGE down load on one computer and surfed on the second at the same time, incredible!
We use IM and all the AOL stuff through our cable...
Just curious as to why?

Bryan

harbormaster
01-18-2003, 11:45 PM
i would like to hear the reason also.

If you have to have aol, buy a regular internet provider for 9.95 and then get on AOL's "bring your own connectivity" plan. you connect up through TCP/IP (your new provider) and AOL only charges 9.00.

9.95 + 9.00 = 18.95

A cost saving of at least 3 bucks, you have a real internet connection, and you still have AOL.

no Contest.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Scot V.
Just wanted to throw another "Thank You" out.
The new additions to the website and your work to keep us modern and way cool is greatly appreciated.
I am looking forward to the Registry update feature so I can correct my email address there to match my profile....
Thanks.
Bryan

PS, just tried the Registry update on the Laptop Win ME software, identical error that I listed above. Just FYI.

HP 600SC
01-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Not working for me either....here's what it says:

#form.hullnumber#

Error near line 38, column 29.

Error resolving parameter FORM.HULLNUMBER

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (#form.hullnumber#), occupying document position (38:28) to (38:44).

Date/Time: 01/19/03 06:55:45
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90; AT&T WNS5.2)
Remote Address: 12.92.16.97

Greg Maier
01-19-2003, 07:22 AM
Scot,
I have a space in my login name.

mattyboy
01-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Same as Ted

Matt

Ed Donnelly
01-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Worked fine for me. Went back to verify changes.I have a space in log in name,running win98, high speed cable,621 kilobits per sec.13 seconds to download 1 MB. Hope this helps.....Ed

Brad Lyon
01-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Scot,

Everything worked okay for me.

Brad

Rootsy
01-19-2003, 02:03 PM
worked fine for me Mr. Harbormaster, Sir. I have a one word login... Thanks for all of your efforts!

Jamie

mikev
01-19-2003, 09:27 PM
i get the following error message i believe it's because my registry has my old email address.

#donziemails#

Error near line 89, column 20.

Error resolving parameter DONZIEMAILS

ColdFusion was unable to determine the value of the parameter. This problem is very likely due to the fact that either:

You have misspelled the parameter name, or
You have not specified a QUERY attribute for a CFOUTPUT, CFMAIL, or CFTABLE tag.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (#donziemails#), occupying document position (89:19) to (89:31).

Date/Time: 01/19/03 21:25:30
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
Remote Address: 65.58.20.96
HTTP Referer: http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006511

harbormaster
01-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Mikeev and Bryan, your emails do not match between your registry page and the bulletin board. yhese have to be the same in order to use the registry edit

Mattyboy you have the same email address on the 2 accounts for you and donzi widow. Thats a problem. Every account needs a unique email address.

Ted, you do not have a good email address connected with your Board registration. this is mandatory in order to use the registry edit utility.

Greg. i am not sure about yours yet.

Fish boy
01-20-2003, 07:45 AM
Scot,
I followed the link and got the user name and password screen. Once I entered he info and hit enter, the next page was this:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jstaples61a.jpg

Cable modem, not aol, IE 6.0, nospace in the user name or password, Windows XP

Jody

Fish boy
01-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Scot,
I went back a second time and got the following message:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jstaples61b.jpg

Jody

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Scot, I changed my profile email address, and got in and updated my email address on Registry.
Then RE-Updated my profile.

Just rechecked it, I am good to go, thanks.
Bryan

Rich
01-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Scot.......
I get a userId/password invalid message. Checked my profile, deleted cookies, relogged back in....
Same message.

tmdog
01-20-2003, 08:57 AM
Scot, Tried to use update on profile. After entering name and password, stated in ERROR
JIM

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-20-2003, 09:08 AM
JIM, there is two areas in your profile for your email address.
Usually in the profile if you ERROR it tells you why.
Bryan

harbormaster
01-20-2003, 10:49 AM
OK I have made some tweeks to the software. I have addressed all problems except for Poodles.(Are his problems really addressable? :p )

THERE WILL BE A PROBLEM if the email address on your registry page is not the same as the email in your Donzi board Profile.

If the email address in your registry page is wrong I will have to fix it.

If the email address in your Board profile is wrong You can fix it by going to your profile.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-20-2003, 05:16 PM
POODLE, actually you need to lie to the Profile to match the Registry to get in, then update registry, reupdate profile!
Bryan

mattyboy
01-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Scot
when you're right you're right.
I was using the shortened version of my email.This was nort available at the time I registered

old mnmveth@worldnet.att.net
new mnmveth@att.net
att let's either go thru

works fine now thanks

Matt

gjohns6896
01-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Worked for me, BUT I would like to add a picture on there. How do I do that...I did not see an option there for adding pictures.

George

Fish boy
01-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Once the emails matched, then worked like a charm. Thanks Scot.

Fish