PDA

View Full Version : Nick Miller Bids Farewell

MikeMiller
04-22-2003, 06:40 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nick Miller has resigned from Donzi Marine. Effective this coming Thursday, Nick will be starting his own business and closing the book on his career at Donzi.

It is a bitter-sweet announcement. Bitter in that he did so much to further the name of Donzi in the past 10 years. His sales and marketing expertise put Donzi back on the map after the OMC debacle. He spearheaded getting the Owners' Rallies to the forefront realizing the importance of you owners. Without his forsight I would not know any of you and I would venture to say it would have taken much longer for many of you to know each other.

Nick had a strong conviction to support Scot and the Registry from day one. We all owe him a big thanks.

But this announcement is also sweet in that Nick will be working for himself and calling his own shots. With his track record he is a sure bet for success. And as a brother, I look forward to the chance to be creative with him again.

Join me in wishing Nick the best. He will be dearly missed.

Mike Miller
Still part of the big family.

FASTEDDIE
04-22-2003, 06:58 AM
Nick Miller, we all wish you much success in your new endeavors. Nick Miller was a huge supporter of the Lake George Donzi Classic Club ,the first Donzi club in the country. Nick and Mike Miller never missed a Spring Dust off. They always brought great gifts for the members and we will always be thankful for their efforts. May both your careers blossom and may even greater successes be in your future. Thanks for all your help. :D :D :D

florida gator
04-22-2003, 08:09 AM
I recently heard that rumor and didn't know the best way to confirm it. I guess this pretty much does it.

I had the opportunity to meet Nick and do some business with him recently. It was a great business transaction and a real pleasure to meet Nick. I only wish I wasn't so busy when he was here so we could have met for dinner or a beer.

Good luck Nick with your new endeavor.

James Holder

DonzigoJR
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Good Luck to you Nick. I have never had the oppurtunity to meet you but thanx for everything you have done for Donzi.

Chris-007
04-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Me too Nick...

Thank you for your recent help with my 28ZX delivery. I hope Donzi sticks to their guns in customer service and does not falter in your abscence.

Best wishes in your new business and future endeavors. Hope you make a bundle, and most importantly, enjoy your work. :D

Regards,

Terry0341
04-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Thank you Nick! Good luck in everything you do. :)

harbormaster
04-22-2003, 11:53 AM
Mike we will definitly miss you and Nick at Donzi.
Everyone else try to be positive. With every ending comes a new beginning.

Dino
04-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Nick thanks for everything and cant wait to see you at some of the Donzi events.
Dennis Bosch...aka..Dino

Dr. Dan
04-22-2003, 01:32 PM
:cool: Big Nick.........Anything Liz and I can do to help in your pursuits would be our pleasure! Your always welcome at all of our events,even if you bring your little brother? :rolleyes: ....Email us if you need anything....All Our Best ... wink Doc

GEOO
04-22-2003, 01:39 PM
First Mike now Nick... :(

Best of Luck with your new journey. Hope we see you at some future events.. wink

Formula Jr
04-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Nick Who? Mike I still owe you a cigarette.
Who the F++k still smokes menthalated cigs. :D
Now if Toona Fish became the new Donzi PR that would be cool!

Hardonzi
04-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Nick was the CUST. SERV. GURU......He will be missed from a owners stand point for sure.

boldts
04-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I too had heard that Mr. Nick Miller was leaving AMH and Donzi. I can't say any more than what many of you have already said. Both Mike and Nick Miller were the magic of all the Donzi gatherings I have attended including the "Awakening of the Horses" gatherings in Kentucky. I remember the first year 2 years ago. I get a phone call from Mike Miller from Donzi. I looked at my wife Beth and said "Oh my gosh this has gotten big!"

Mike shows up at some lake in the middle of the country and says to me "Scott, how can I help you?" Even in Nick's final days with Donzi he continued to help Donzi owners and myself included. When I heard that he was leaving, I had pretty much given up any hope of a Donzi representative attending our gathering this year. All of a sudden, probably a month or two since I had tried to contact Mr. Miller, I receive an e-mail with all the answers to the questions I had asked of him. Nick could have easily said "I'm leaving, I can't help you.", but no, he took the necessary time to find the answers I needed.

I believe these traits that both Nick and Mike Miller have will be what is missed most not only be us Donzi owners, but all future Donzi owners. Yeah, like the Harbormaster said, a new beginning will begin. I only hope that the American Marine Holdings executives have learned how much Donzi owners mean to the continuation of Donzi. While clubs like the Lake George Classic Club, the Northeast Donzi Club, the Lake Winni Club, the Seadogs, the Midwest Donzi Club and all the other clubs that are being formed all over the country, even out on the West coast, help bring these wonderful boats to America's eyes. For most Donzi owners, when it's time to upgrade or buy another boat, it will be another Donzi.

Nick, my family wishes both you and yours much success in your future. Both you and Mike I hope won't be strangers. I hope you will have the time to be attendees rather than organizers of future Donzi gatherings. Pack up a bag and bring that 16 Classic to Lake Cumberland. Mike, I'd even like to play a round of golf Sunday morning if your up for it.

Good Luck;
Scott, Beth & Allison Boldt

knee deep
04-22-2003, 10:06 PM
I've been a Donzi fanatic since the age of 4.

I attended my first owners rally last fall. Whenever I think of it I immediately associate it with the Miller brothers.

Its hard to picture Donzi ever being the same.

Mike I hope all is well with you, and Nick good luck in your future endeavours.

I hope to see you both sometime soon.

BigGrizzly
04-24-2003, 07:18 PM
I we all have become friends since the first ralley. I also beleive your not gone from the Donzi community, you will be back , maybe not as a Donzi employee but as an owner and friend. I for one am looking forward to seeing both the Millers at a get together again. Both you will always have a seat in my boat at a get together! Best of luck. You will be missed but not forgotten.

Air 22
04-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Nick...We met you at last years owners rally and had a terrific time. Since then Crissy and I have really enjoyed our relationship w/ the DONZI family. Point in case at the Miamuh(MIAMI) boat show you welcomed my family warmly on stage w/ O-Town as part of the DONZI family. wink Your dedication, sincerity and personnal attention to each DONZI member you came in touch w/ will be missed. Now, DONZI has 2 very big shoes to fill. :D Best of luck on your new enterprises. Keep in touch..and if your ever at a DONZI gathering you always have a seat in our 22 Classic' wink

Dwight..Atlantic Coast Donzi Association. :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Best of luck Nick, thanks for what you have done for us the last few years.
So who is now at the Helm?
Bryan Tuvell

Forrest
04-25-2003, 09:28 AM
. . . and another thank you and best of luck of your future endeavors.

Hay Mike, do you know where Nick can find a good deal on a Donzi?

GeneD
04-26-2003, 08:03 AM
Wow!
This is big!
Really big!
Yeah, these two guys will be missed by many.
No two people have given more for the owners.
I can remember the first time I met them, a bit scarely seeing how they knew me, but I had no idea who they were!
I remember it like it was yesterday.........

BabyDonzi
04-26-2003, 02:53 PM
"Miller" and "Donzi" were the same word with the same meaning. Mike and Nick will be missed.
Whoever is elected to fill these shoes will have their hands full.

DAULEY
04-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Good luck and hope you fullfill all your dreams thanks for all you have done for us and donzi hope to see yourself and Mike at this years owners rally if there is still one
THANKS AGAIN AND GOOD LUCK
BOB