PDA

View Full Version : Air Cond. in a Donzi any help?

Extreme Measures
09-15-2002, 09:42 PM
My wife and I want to add air cond. to our boat for next summer, Has anyone on the registry ever done this? If so how hard was it to put in and the cost of the a/c unit? Thanks in advance
:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

NeedSpeed
09-15-2002, 10:37 PM
What size is your boat? A/C will only work from shore power if you don't have a generator on board. I invested in the Crusin' Kool unit. It's mounted in a Samsonite suitcase and comes with a cooling water pump mounted on a hose you hang over the side. Suitcase weights about 40 pounds. Works out for me because I used it on both my boats. Freezes me out even on the hottest days. :cool: If you mount a permanent unit, you'll have to do some cutting.

Digger
09-16-2002, 06:57 AM
ditto on the portable unit. I don't have one but would go that route if I wanted AC. Lots of plumbing, wiring, and ducting work if you want permanent, and for boats like ours the last thing we need is a lot more weight to burn even more gas- my $.02

mjpcowboy
09-16-2002, 12:15 PM
I have a factory air installed unit in my 33. Someone was looking at purchasing my old 33 from the dealer that did not have factory air in it. The price given to him was $10,000. $5500 for the unit and $4500 for the install, both of which I am certain had quite a margin built into them. I would put a portable unit in your boat and forget the other type of unit. If my boat did not already have air in it, I would have a portable unit myself. Just my opinion. Rick

Extreme Measures
09-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Speed,Digger and Cowboy. Thanks for the input. I didn't know about the suitcase a/c unit I will look into that.Speed I have a 30' Blackwidow can be seen at the bottom of my post.Thanks again for your help everyone.
wink Extreme Measures wink

NeedSpeed
09-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Just to let you know, I bought mine at West Marine. Boat/US sells them too. $950.