PDA

View Full Version : Getting serious now...

JimG
01-17-2003, 07:20 AM
in our Donzi hunt! I've scoured the 'net, (iBoats, BoatTrader, Yachtworld, etc), and looked at every online newspaper from every city in the south, and have come up with very few Donzis. Income tax money is on the way, and it's already earmarked for our new (to us) toy.

If anyone knows of a vintage 16 or 18 sitting somewhere, looking for a new owner, let us know. Any color, any year, (although I really like the '60's and 70's), doesn't have to be showroom condition. Any suggestions?

Jim & Janet Marie

roadtrip se
01-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Hey Jim,

C'mon up to the Dallas show with a bunch of the rest of us knuckleheads on 2/8-2/9!

The new dealer is supposed to have a new version of every classic flavor, several zx's, and zr f2-01.

Should be fun, you get a fix of classics, and the juice to keep moving on your search.

Todd

krakmeup
01-17-2003, 09:57 AM
C'mon tax check! We're close behind JimG and looking all over now too (for 16 or 18). Can you send details on the Dallas show/trip?

Keith

RedDog
01-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Tax check - is that what I mail in quarterly that seriously depletes my fun-fund? :( :( :( :( frown

JimG
01-17-2003, 04:43 PM
:D The race is on.....

Dr. Dan
01-17-2003, 05:16 PM
wink Jim...Just out of curiosity...what is the range of $$$$ you feel comfortable parting with for this new Lady in your life? $5K to $10K, $10K to $15K or more...let me know a range...feel free to email me with a number if you prefer to not post it! wink I will keep my eyes open up here on the Mid Atlantic front (Bay Area)...Good Luck... :cool: ...Doc

JimG
01-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Dan, thanks for your help! Budget falls somewhere between 5k to 8k. That's why I'm not so picky about color, year model, etc. I don't want an all-out project boat (don't have time), nor a complete restoration (big bucks spent). I'd prefer an boat that is as close to original as possible.

ps: I really like the yellow West Virginia boat (1970 2+3), but haven't heard back from the seller yet.

Thanks again!

JimG :)

Dalelama
01-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Jim,

Plan on spending $10k... wherther or not that's the initial investment... that's about what a running, somewhat dependable, weekend cruiser will cost you.

Remember... you get what you pay for!

Good luck!

JimG
01-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks Dalelama, I'll keep that in mind.

I don't mind incidentals, (My other boat is a 1979 inboard flybridge. I'm ALWAYS buying something! West Marine calls me if they don't see me every other day!), but the initial investment is what I'm looking at now.

Besides, if I have to spend too much going in, then I can't go in! He he! :D

JimG

JimG
01-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all the emails! There are some great boats out there! :D

krakmeup
01-19-2003, 08:59 AM
So when's the tax check due? Seems to be a few good ones in the St Pete area - road trip to sunny south FL???????? Let's go! Wait - lemme get that 6.0L Diesel and we'll do a break-in run!

Keith :p

JimG
01-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Roadtrip se, dang it! We're going to miss the Dallas Boat Show... My darling wife has to work that weekend! Thanks for the invite. I think the Krakmeups are going, so I told them to TAKE PICTURES!!

Krakmeup, LET"S GO!! I'll pick up Victory's swim platform on the way. It's in Hudson. Crank that diesel, we're on the way!

JimG cool!

krakmeup
01-21-2003, 07:12 AM
Are you heading north? Did you close the deal? Are you the forum's newest Donzi owner?????????

JimG
01-21-2003, 08:07 AM
I don't know yet... some issues popping up now. eek!