PDA

View Full Version : Dura Lube?

harbormaster
09-22-2002, 12:45 PM
Has anyone ever seen their demos? Anyone used it?
Is there any kind of additive like this that is for real? I think NASA did a test on their product and was impressed.

Eddie1823
09-22-2002, 05:14 PM
Scot,
I would just stick with a high quality synthetic oil such as Amsoil or Red Line and stay away from additives. Synthetics flow fast at start up,leave a coating after shut down, don't suffer from viscosity breakdown and run cooler than conventional oil. I'm still not sold on additives.

Air 22
09-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Like anthing else..If it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't a good idea...especiallly w/ a boat engine etc..

harbormaster
09-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Like asked...
Is there anyone out there who has used it??

CrackerJack
09-22-2002, 07:33 PM
Do a search on Dura Lube with www.google.com. (http://www.google.com.) I
tried it the other day and came up with some interesting information. Had the same thoughts you
had until I read the FTC's reports and some research done by engineering schools. See this site. http://www.vtr.org/maintain/oil-additives.html
Have not tried it.

BigGrizzly
09-22-2002, 07:34 PM
We did a test with it and the ad lies. I drained the oil and the motor seized. Amsoil had a better test result doing the same thing in our tests on real engines. The other thing is it is not new Its been around for years and never lived up to the ad. Show me the Dura- Lub nascar team. Look for sponsors and decals on Nascar I never saw one in the winner's circle.

Gary S.
09-23-2002, 04:43 AM
I owe an engine to Dura-Lube,,,a oil pump drive sheared in my pick up truck a few years ago I drove the 15 minutes home with no pressure and lots of noise, pulled the pan checked the mains and rod's replaced the shaft and pump and it's still running today. I don't think the Penszoil 10-30W could have done it alone.

Extreme Measures
09-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Scot I use PROLONG in my Donzi and it works great.The boat temp. is cooler and we also get more R.P.M's.We use to turn 4800 rpm now we can turn 5100 rpm.I know it's not Dura lube but this stuff realy work.
eek! Extreme Measures eek!

blackhawk
09-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Big Griz what kind of tests did you perform?

Steven Cohn
09-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Extreme,
Prolong? The Mrs. and I used it for almost two minutes :D yippie

BigGrizzly
09-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Blackhawk. I did oil tests for my company running various engines for long periods of time 24/7 testing over 50 brands and types of oils and additives, we would dismantle the engines and have oils analized by 2 different companies and check all parts for wear. wechecked valve guides stems cams and bearings for for wear and metalic intrusion. We did this for 6 solid months. We did this to be able to recomend oils to our customers. I have also raced cars motorcycles and boats for over 35 years and had alot of practice, seeing what oils really do and don't do. My company makes cars, motorcycles and power equipment