PDA

View Full Version : no more trailer reponses,...got one and thanks!!!

oldLenny
07-22-2002, 03:44 PM
What a treat that was. Talked for half an hour with Dan Gallagher at Rolls Axle. Aslo talked to Dan Hayes at Coastal Trailer and Hitch.

Well, I am the proud owner of a new Rolls #1935 with 14" wheels, guide-ons, spare tire, radials etc.

So easily done from 3500 miles away. I am going to get the "papers" sent here to Victoria, where I will get plates and insurance on it, then take them down with me to Houston where I will "meet" the old trailer and somehow get that boat off of the old one and onto the new one.

Dan at Rolls told me to let the other Dan know that the trailer is coming and he will set it up for a 16' Donzi and reverse the bunks etc. and that "that" one is for me.

$1712 US with 14" wheels, guidance poles,spare tire etc. $2568.00 CANADIAN! My price for a bunk trailer , (galvanized "junk") locally, $2499.00 Canadian.

He is charging me $400 to have it "driven" to Houston. Shipping it by truck means a dis-assembly and they want $500 to do it...hence why I am having it towed.

I think this could be a new market here. NEVER seen an aluminum and stainless trailer here in my LIFE! Let alone for the same price.

Thanks again everyone. Scot V. A., I'll contact you in the near future with regards to this trailer and your place. :)

Formula Jr
07-22-2002, 04:32 PM
l7l2? WOW. Wh@t @ De@l...

RickR
07-22-2002, 05:01 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you. :D

I don't know which one you ordered but you may want to look at old posts and contact CDMA and WB Bateman (Bateman had a 16 on a Rolls)

CDMA and I like to get a longer framed trailer (21 for the 18, and 26? for the 22) so the frame will extend all the way back to the transom. Chris and I don't like the idea of the transom being supported by bunks only.

oldLenny
07-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Rick, apparently that is what I bought and for that reason. The one for the boat is a #1730, for 17' boats. I bought the #1935, single axle but for 19' boats, 3070 pounds load rating then plus the trailer, and Dan at Rolls says he will switch the bunks around so they end over the (or very close to) the end of the frame. Hence the extra 3 feet of trailer. He says he knows that Donzi well and has set up many. It will be ready for the 24 degree deadrise and should be a "natural". Also, he said not to worry about the tongue weight, (from a trailer standpoint), and just worry about the weight of the tow vehicle. I might get a picture of the stringers somehow sent to me and the hatch width and depth, center to centers on the stringers, stuff that might be in the way, and make up a "platform or something" that I can place about 8 bags of concrete on purchased from a local building supply store, and drive with 6 or 7 hundred pounds that sits over the stringers in back to help offset some of the weight. I have 8 weeks to figure this out... :rolleyes: Bricks, (4" x 4" x 8") might also work if stored properly.

I would have to get rid of the mix 'cuz there is no WAY I will be allowed across the border with "concealed" bags of concrete.

Another option would be something to hold 60 to 70 gallons of water and drain it once close. (don't think that will fit anywhere back there tho.)