PDA

View Full Version : Ladder suggestions

TRU-JACK
07-22-2002, 03:29 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for a good portable ladder for a 16? Something that would fold up and store under the deck would be perfect. thanks wink

HyperDonzi
07-22-2002, 04:08 PM
what about one of those for pwc's the nylon ladder that rolls up 2 or 3 steps? check overtons

MOP
07-22-2002, 07:42 PM
I bought a roll up, if you want to break your toes kicking the bottom of the boat and bang your shins on the chine they are Ok.

rong
07-23-2002, 08:50 AM
What about those two step diving ladders that mount on the transom and are removeable?

TRU-JACK
07-23-2002, 10:32 AM
My transom is pretty busy, with 4" tips, and trim tabs, there isn't much room left. I was looking for the foldable over the gunnel portable type, and was hoping someone knew of a good quality and fit for the 16'. Thanks and if anyone knows of the above, i would appreciate it. wink

Barry Phillips
07-23-2002, 11:26 AM
I carry a 3 step gunnel latter I purchased from West Marine. When needed, it folds up and can be stored on the floor behind the seats or under the deck. The ladder I have is mostly plastic and has ertra wide 11" hooks to clear the wide gunnels on my 18 and fits behind the windshield. The hull has not suffered any marks from the standoffs but I just noticed 2 small marks on the inside of the gunnel, pipe insulation and some tap will solve that proplem. Overall it works well, the boat is fairly stable so it dose not tip to much.

SO-SLO

tomyboy
07-23-2002, 03:48 PM
HOW ABOUT A ROPE LADDER WITH PLASTIC STEPS, ALMOST LIKE A CHAIN LADDER USED FOR FIRE EMERGENCY EXITS. TIE THE TOP OF THE ROPE TOGETHER AND ATTACH THAT TO YOUR SKI HOOK. LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO GRAB ONTO?? HOW ABOUT SUCTION HANDLES USED FOR MOVING GLASS PANELS AROUND. IT WORKS!!! FIND THE HANDLES AT HOME DEPOT OR LOWES. JUST A THOUGHT

Dr. Dan
07-23-2002, 05:15 PM
O.K. :D I'll chime in here, we bought one of the Plastic Step/Rope ladder units before Burt Lake...Results, If you attach it to a side cleat, you slide under the hull when you step on the bottom rung! Not worth a Bean! :cool: The most stable I have seen are either Transom mounted which may look a bit funky on a Classic, or the type that Jim Bishop out of Chicago has...these units have "Surface Mount slide in brackets that connect the folding ladder to the deck sides back near the engine hatch opening, but on the deck portion/similar position as a cleat back there! They work slick, are stable and they are removable, except for the brackets which are roughly 1" wide by 2" long...more holes, more screws? wink ...Doc