PDA

View Full Version : Who Might Want A Mercury Blue Motor?

roadtrip se
04-18-2003, 01:10 PM
I know harbormaster that this should appear in the parts area, but I'm trying to get a feel for the level of interest there might be for this idea.

Many of you know that I now broker Donzis, Cigarettes, and Sonics for Harry Judge at Offshore Performance.

Offshore Performance does a lot of custom motor work for their clients installing Sterling and Cobra motors. They still have to order their boats with power, because the manufacturers will not ship their boats unrigged.

I can order boats with 500EFI, 525EFI, and 575SCI motors as bobtail takeouts. These motors would be complete and ready to install with CMI headers and tails. AND with a Mercury Racing engine warranty.

I can sell these motors at 50-60% of what they would normally retail for. For those of you on the east coast, we can even make arrangements to install the motors at Offshore Performance's Mercury Platinum Certified service facilty.

So the question is, how many of you would be interested in a program like this?

Feel free to post here or contact me directly at
somewisbey@earthlink.net

Todd Somerville
"Everybody should have a blue motor Donzi!"

boldts
04-18-2003, 01:53 PM
I know, if you have to ask, you don't have the resources, but just for my file, what is the general price range of these engines minus 50 to 60%? Is financing available?

Scott, what is this bill for a Donzi engine and this bank book laying next to it? What are you talking about Beth? :cool:

waleyetwo
04-18-2003, 03:14 PM
sounds good keep us posted.

Cuda
04-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Hmmmmmmm. Sounds interesting!

DonzigoJR
04-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Tell me more Tell me more :D

BUIZILLA
04-18-2003, 03:47 PM
I would be VERY interested in a B1 drive takeoff assembly, with warranty.. wink

J

or a complete 6.2 MPI/Bravo 1 theft recovery :D

fasttrucker
04-19-2003, 03:54 PM
When driving by you today,I noticed that the cig. is gone and that there is a sonic in its place.When are you guys going to put a donzi on the front window display? :confused:

DON N.
04-20-2003, 07:40 AM
I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PRICE LIST.

Silver Streak
04-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Here are the Mercruiser High Performance (http://www.mercruiserparts.com/mercruiser_hi_performance.asp) numbers as published by BAM.

Rick

G - FORCE 88
04-20-2003, 09:10 AM
I am also interested!!! Fill me in! BLACKHAWK Drive?!!!HMMMMMMM. I want!

catch 22
04-20-2003, 09:12 AM
I would also like to see a price list.Sound like fun. :cool:

roadtrip se
04-20-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

The blue motor route is the way to make a Donzi really rock...

Unfortunately, I can not publish a definitive open price list. Pricing depends on a lot of factors, including variables like Mercury's mood at the moment and which boat manufacturer we get the motors from. A good approximate range would be mid-teens for a 500EFI to mid-20's for 575SCI.

The first order would most likely be for a set of 525's. This motor is showing 540-550hp on the dyno and has earned a weight penalty from the APBA to keep the 500EFIs competitve in the same classes. I would like to install one in my boat. I would then have an additional 525 and my 500EFI available for pre-sale. These motors would probably be available in three to four months, depending on delivery of the donor boat.

I can start doing this on a regular basis, depending who wants to step up to these motors.

Please contact me directly for a quote:

somewisbey@earthlink.net

And we will see how many of these we can get into
our boats!

Todd Somerville
"Making everybody just a little faster..."