PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Mag (8-01) with AOTH article

Riley
04-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi Guys, I was just cleaning out a a closet here in my office, and came across 4 copies of the August 2001 Hot Boat Magazine. This is the issue that had the write up on the first AOTH, and I forgot I had purchased several copies for my fellow Donzi fans. If anybody wants a copy, email me with your name and address, and I'll drop one in the mail to youn on a "first come-first-served basis. No charge!

boldts
04-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Riley, I'll bet you don't have those for long.

For those of you thinking that AOTH is held on some small inland fresh water lake and not worth checking out, look Lake Cumberland up on the inter-net. It's located in Kentucky and has to be one of the largest and most scenic lakes in the country. The cover picture to that article is a Z-29 from North Carolina, so if any of you have concerns that your Donzi is to big to bring to the gathering. Rest assured that the docking available can accommodate your Donzi. This marina is the site of a poker run in the fall and I've seen 50' Hustlers and Nor-Tec cats at the event.

Remember to register for the gathering at the Midwest Donzi Club website. Pack your gear including an Auction Item and come join the fun with us. If it's your first or maybe just 1 of many Donzi gatherings you have attended, you'll enjoy the people you meet and maybe find an owner or new friend who lives right in your back yard.

AOTH is a nonprofit gathering. All monies collected through shirt sales and auction items go back into the savings account for next year's gathering. Only condition is that half the money collected from the auction is donated to the Donzi Registry. Not because I have to, but because I want to. With-out the hard work of Scot VanAlstine (HarborMaster), the Midwest Donzi Club would have never been born. I think you all will agree, it's a worthy donation.

To those attending, be safe in your travels! I look forward to seeing each and everyone of you. :)

Terry0341
04-18-2003, 10:34 AM
I would love to have one of the copies.
Terry Walters
2710 Secor Road
Toledo, Ohio 43606

Terry0341
04-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey Scott, I checked and there is no one living in my back yard! Maybee someday soon there will be a Donzi living in my Garage! :D :D :D

boldts
04-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Terry, BIG PICTURE my friend :D Of course in FL and TX the yards seem to be quite a bit bigger! 2 hours to me is like going to the neighbors. I'd like to hit Toledo this summer if possible.

Travel wish list: CA, OR, FL, NY, VA, GA, MD, NH, WA, NV, TX, MI, and host of other back yards :D

Rootsy
04-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Hey Terry,

my parents live outside of Monroe.. is where i grew up.. close enough to your backyard? I once knew a walters, his first name eludes me at this moment, who used to own a 35 fountain lightning... was racked at TBM...

And mr riley... find another donzi yet?

Riley
04-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Okay guys, Mr. Walters and Sam Pilato got the first two copies, there are still two here sitting on my desk...........

Jamie, no luck on a Donzi, or any other boat for that matter! I'm still shopping, but after seeing how low the lake levels are here right now, I'm not sure which direction to head. At this point, I kind of wish I'd have kept my 18! By the way, congrats on the performance of your rig, it sounds like a real rocketship now.

harbormaster
04-18-2003, 01:02 PM
I would love to get a copy for the archives.

Trueser
04-18-2003, 01:27 PM
If theres any left?

Mike Truesdale
7855 Silver Ct
Orland Park, IL

Thanks

Riley
04-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Mike, I have one in the envelope for you, it'll mail out in the morning.

Harbormaster, please let me know where to send your copy.

Believe it or not, I found one more copy here in my office, so if anybody else wants one they'd better hurry.......

Trueser
04-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Thanks.
I'm taking our Z29 down there in May.

Have a great weekend.

Mike

Riley
04-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks to Jamie Root for taking this last magazine off of my hands. Hope you all have a Happy Easter!

Terry0341
04-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Riley, Thank you for the Mag. I really enjoyed reading the article. The first AOTH was my first taste of the Donzi life style and is what hooked me.
Thank you again!