PDA

View Full Version : Lake Winnipesaukee Poker Run...

Woodsy
07-22-2002, 12:08 PM
Hola Compadres...

It is time again for the Lake Winni Poker Run, brought to you by the Lake Winni Donzi Club. Our illustrious club president George "da Prez" Culotta and his trusty sidekick Bonnie "Bonzai" Wadsworth have really outdone themselves this year. After a careful analysis of last years Poker Run, some fine tuning was done to make it even better. This year, PonyBoy (Steve Marr) is required to compete in his own boat. No longer will he be allowed to break somebody else's boat. John "CrazyHorse" Totaro will be giving the safety speech, and has been warned not to refer to kayaks & canoes as "speed bumps". He will also not be allowed a chauffeur this year either. After unleashing a blistering 47mph pass in his 496HO 22 Classic at Lake George last fall, Tom "T-Bone" Davis will be the tail end boat. Princess will no longer be allowed to drink wine in the sun at the Naswa. I don't think I need to explain that one. Because of my overwhelming size & personality, I have been limited to just 1 dessert at the kickoff dinner friday night. This should allow for enough dessert for everyone. We have asked the lake goddess for some smooth sailing on saturday, hopefully she will comply. Because there is a rumor that Mr. Pearson will be scouting out future aquisitions for his "Donzi Museum and Pink Flamingo Aviary" anyone who would like to bring a pink flamingo for him to add to his newest display "Flamingo's Around the World" will be welcomed. However, if you own any sort of rare Donzi, especially a bench seat Hornet, be extremely careful. This is a man on the edge and he has been known to "make an offer you can't refuse". .

The schedule of events is....

Dinner friday night
Poker Run saturday
Hanging at a sandbar and recovering sunday

Who is going?

Woodsy :D :D

TORYSMINX
07-22-2002, 12:42 PM
Woodsy,

I think I am in on this one, I just have a few adjustments to make. My friend Bob is not making it this year, he left his outdrive on one of the rocks at Winni..Not a good scene.

I should know better by mid-week...

Crazy Horse
07-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Crazy Horse & Donzi Trish will be there.

Woodsy, one other thing for the events list:
Saturday night Bonzai has put together a dinner cruise on the Mount Washington. As of this past weekend according to Bonzai the head count was around 50 people. Mr. & Mrs. Crazy Horse will be there too.

Who will be there from out of town? Dr. Dan & Dizzy Miss Lizzie? Amy & Brad? Fast Eddie? Kathy & Scott? John & Yoko?

Ranman
07-22-2002, 01:16 PM
Woodsy,

Donzi Jenn and I are flying into Boston Thursday afternoon, and should be in the hands of John and Trish by sundown. We will need you to lift the chauffer restriction from John so we can ride with him during the poker run. Otherwise, we'd have to ride with one of you "other" Winni folks and well...that might not be such a safe idea... Steve. I guess we could ride in T-Bone's 47mph Classic, but I'd like to actually be in the poker run sooooo....

Woodsy, Thank god you are only allowed one dessert. This way I won't get mine stolen like in KY you baastaad. Give the Princess a big kiss for us. Can't wait to see her again.

Scott Pearson, One of Detroit's freshest flamingos coming right up. (Do you know how hard it is to catch a flamingo in Detroit?)

Mustang and PonyBoy, Better get the applejuice ready....Oh hell we'll bring some too!

Tom, Hope to see you and the matching truck soon.

John and Trish, Without you two, we'd miss the whole thing. Thanks again and can't wait to see you both. Only 3 days before we fly out.

Lake Winni, here we come!

Randy and Jenn

HyperDonzi
07-22-2002, 01:16 PM
whats the deffiniton of a poker run? ive been hearing it a lot for a few years and wondered?
just a race or something more complicated?

Ranman
07-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Hyper, A Poker Run is an excuse to go boating. It generally goes like this. You pay a small (or large) fee to enter. A list of stops is given (typically 5). You go boating from spot to spot and at each location you collect a playing card. The last stop is usually where you started. Now that you have collected 5 cards you compare them and the boat with the best hand wins some sort of prize. It is NOT a race although in many cases the captains like to show off their power and speed and a little competition ensues.
Randy

FASTEDDIE
07-22-2002, 01:35 PM
I am sad to annouce that I will not be able to defend my title from last year's win at Lake Winnipesaukee due to doctors orders. I have some sciatic nerve problems and hope to get better before our Lake George picnic on Sept 7th. No riding in our 22 Classic for 2 weeks per the doctor so the trophy is up for grabs. Good luck to all and keep those "Winni Bandits "honest. :p

HyperDonzi
07-22-2002, 02:22 PM
ranman sounds like fun.
fasteddie, need a driver?

Tidbart
07-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Hey Winni Bandits,
I am going to miss the Poke-her Run, as you know, but I want you to know that I am still keeping up the good work here in Fla. I tore it up in Sarasota, keeping the reputation alive and well. Have a great weekend. Ranya and I will miss you all. Maybe next year, a road trip.
Bob

BERTRAM BOY
07-22-2002, 03:45 PM
I'll be there...... But I'm not sure after meeting you Winni Bandits in Kentucky, that I'll make it home...... alive anyway.

Fast Eddie is lying to all you guys, I just saw him a week ago, and he's only "damaged" from the neck up.
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Scott Pearson
07-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Woodsy and the rest of the Winni crew,

Sorry but I will not making it up to Lake F**K....I mean Winni this weekend. As with Fast Eddie...My doctor also told me that I have had the S**T kicked out of me and need to stay off of Lake Winni as to not get the rest of the S**T kicked out of me. I dont have to much S**T remaining in me as I'm told. Sorry....doctors orders.

But hay....Have a drink for me.....ohhh and watch the waves on Winni....they can be a bitch!

(nj)sCOTT

BERTRAM BOY
07-22-2002, 06:47 PM
Pearson,
You're such a WUS .......... :p :p :p

Dr. Dan
07-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Well Put Cliff :D We will be losing money in New Hampshire this weekend like any other Donzi Event! :p But half the fun is trying not to sink! :rolleyes: Look forward to more fun & Games...Please Digger, no more "Shot Glasses", I want a repower soon! :D ...Doc

CDMA
07-22-2002, 09:28 PM
I AM THERE!!!!

bverd
07-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Chris... any extra space in the boat? -bverd Still boatless :confused:

harbormaster
07-22-2002, 11:53 PM
W'd love to be there, but We are still recovering from our new acquisition...

BERTRAM BOY
07-23-2002, 06:15 AM
Get in line Brad......

Woodsy
07-23-2002, 06:32 AM
Hola Compadres...

Tory... I have actually never seen Bob's boat run... rumour has it it only runs for 5mins then fuel injection dies... LOL... I know alot of people would liked to have seen his Criterion. Anyway, it will be good to have you up here on the lake... tell Bob to come up for the party...

Scott.... you wimp! You get a kitchen pass for the weekend and you won't even come up and party? What's wrong with you? To think I even started a Pink Flamingo drive for your new museum....

Jenn & Randy... Can't wait for you guys to get here... For you Randy, we can waive the chauffuer rule. There will be plenty o grape juice flowing... maybe even some liquid bread too....

Bob & Ranya... wish you were here... hopefully next year!! Keep the Winni Bandits flag flying high down there in the land of sun & fun.

As for the rest, it should be an AWESOME time... even without the "Great Pumpkin"....

I'll be up pretty much from wed on, the Princess will get there on friday night in time for the kickoff dinner. Anybody need anything, give me a call on the cell... 978-502-5465

Woodsy :D :D

PS: We will find rides for you rideless ones...

mattyboy
07-23-2002, 07:18 AM
It this a poker run or where in winnie is digger contest?????

have fun, be safe,post pics,I' won't be able to make it, wish I could. I don't have a doctors excuse, but I was told if I go I'd wind up in the hospital, or worse eek! :p :p :D

Matt
when my back hurts I go to the DR.
DR Magillicuddy's eek!

Dr. Dan
07-23-2002, 07:48 AM
:D I went to skool with a McGillacuddy, University of Who Do, Do What, Remind me of a Man, What Man........ :D

TORYSMINX
07-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Woodsy,

I have seen Bob's boat run for about 15 minutes it really moves when it has an outdrive on it LOL...

He got it running real good this year and then he had a mild accident(Outdrive kissed a boulder)at about 50..

It is in the best shape I have ever seen for a boat that is a 78' that has not been painted. I wish my ride looked as good.

The 385 ci in stoker is doing well and I am not bringing the timing up until it is well broken in. The best I have got is 75 on the speedo, but the acceleration is great. The prop sucks though gotta get a better one. I am just going to run the boat for the summer then I am going to really tweak it for top end later on. I am getting a barry grant carb soon to get the RPm's up cause I am still a tad on the lean side plus this Performer carb really does not have all the adjustments I need. All in all it runs real well, it will not win every race but it will keep up with most boats.

I just installed FWC and it is the bomb, the boat runs real cool(165 deg)

Where do we meet Saturday morning?

Looped
07-23-2002, 09:45 PM
I'll be getting up there Saturday morning around 9:30am or so depending on who gets in my way on the way up there.....

Tory,
The NASWA at 10:00am for the drivers meeting with a departure of 11:00am.

Craig

PaulO
07-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Obviously, FastEddie and Scott Pearson need bigger boats so they don't get "jostled" so much!!!!
PaulO

Scott Pearson
07-25-2002, 05:34 AM
Paul,
I have a bigger boat now...A 1968 Donzi 28 Sportsman.
I just cant figure out how to get that thing up there. 10 foot beam....Need permits.

(NJ)Scott

FASTEDDIE
07-25-2002, 06:43 AM
Paul,
You are so right,I need a larger boat. I asked the Lake George Steamboat Co and got permission to take the "Lac du Saint Sacrement" up to Winni for the weekend but I'm having trouble trying to find a trailer.It seats 1500 people and I have used it in the past for water skiing.I need alot of horsepower to get out of the water.

GEOO
07-25-2002, 07:10 AM
Sorry, I can't make the Poker Run. I'll miss seeing the Winnie Gang!!
Hope you all have a fast and safe event.
The weather looks great!!!

Brad, Still boatless, if you want I'll loan you the boat for the weekend!! AH, I almost forgot, it's in the shop getting the a valve adjustment.

Chris, Remember...watch the water; not the scenery. eek!

PaulO
07-26-2002, 10:11 AM
FastEddie,
If anyone can do it....You Can! Great seeing you again! and feel better!
PaulO