PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound right???

olemissalum
04-16-2003, 05:42 PM
I contacted a certain prop shop that will remain unnamed and asked about reworking my 24P Bravo prop to a 25P. This shop suggested also adding a little cupping and that they would be happy to rework the prop for me and quoted me $450 for the job, hey but shipping was included. Does this sound like a good price, to me seemed a little high but I have no prior experience in this so maybe someone could chime in and set me straight. Thanks

Jim D
1999 26ZX

Ranman
04-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I would guess that for the price of the re-work, you would be able to find a good prop that is better suited to what you want to do. What are Bryan Tuvell and Frank Civitano running for props on their ZX's? I'm sure they both have them dialed in well.

Darrell
04-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Olemissalum:

That's couple hundred more than I paid to have my 24p labbed. I was not able to max out the rpm's on the 24p, I hope the labbing will get me close to the red line. ( Hope to do some testing Sunday). Be careful when you go to the 25p and the cupping that you have the motor to pull it.

Darrell

boldts
04-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Have to agree with everyone above on this one. Are they gold plating it also? Maybe if they are labbing the prop also, but for a re-pitch and add cup it shouldn't be over $100 at the most.

Scott
Worried that inflation on marine items has gotten way out of hand eek!

olemissalum
04-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I think the boat would turn a 26 labbed so I thought a good idea would to have mine reworked to a 25P so it would be somewhere in the middle. I agree that it sounded a little high!!!

Sam
04-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Walk away ! there a good shops out there that will do it for way less. Let me know if you need the names.

Sam

MOP
04-16-2003, 06:54 PM
I get a hell of a break personaly, but have to agree you can buy a brand new just what you want prop for that money!

HyperDonzi
04-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Would that happen to be Houston Prop over on the other board? Havent heard anything bad about him yet.

Tommy

olemissalum
04-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Sam, send me the names of some good shops as I have never done this before and do not want to get over-charged and be unhappy with the results. I have not ruled out just buying a new one either, especially for the knid of $$$ that the one shop I talked to wanted. Going to call throttle-up props tomorrow since I know Bryan T. used them and liked them.

BUIZILLA
04-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Okay, lemme get this straight...pound 3 blades ONE INCH PITCH, recup 3 blades a LITTLE...

$450

No thanx...

J

thinkin 4 prop jobs should cost that much TOTAL

Cuda
04-16-2003, 08:12 PM
You might check with Julie at Throttle Up. I've never used them myself, but have heard good things about them. I think they even have a try out program for $20 a prop. The website is http://www.throttle-up.com/home.htm