PDA

View Full Version : Solid Hub Prop Question

Tug
04-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Can someone explain what a solid hub prop is vs other types. I have quick and quiet plus and wonder if a solid hub prop is what I am suppose to have. Thanks for the help

Rootsy
04-15-2003, 11:34 PM
A solid hub prop is just that.. a solid hub, being part of the prop, with splines cut in... the majority of propellers are rubber hub designs... with a solid core bonded to the rubber with splines cut into it... the rubber absorbs shock and is more forgiving on the splines and propshaft if you hit something.

Tug
04-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Thanks Rootsy. I should have known, but I thought it may have something to do with exhaust flow. Just a little confused.

Tom Davis
04-16-2003, 08:16 AM
I think you have confused solid hub props with over hub/through hub props that will effect exhaust flow over the blades of the prop. :cool:

MOP
04-16-2003, 07:00 PM
I hate solid hub wheels cost me alot of time and a prop shaft. Hit something all looked Ok but when the prop was pulled the prop shaft had a 1/4 turn twist in it and a hair line crack.

Tug
04-16-2003, 09:23 PM
OK. Should QQ+ exhaust when switched to thru hub be as quiet as thru hub or nearly as quiet as thru hub? What should I expect? I just want to make sure it is working right. My last boat just had plain thru hull.

MOP
04-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Hi Tug never had QQ but have wrenched a couple, its a bunch quieter but not stock quiet. My favorite saying is they sound like they have a hair lip when closed, kind of like a wet muffler leak., or fart!